Dolphin (Merman!England x Swimmer!Reader)

"And the winner of the breaststroke category is... ___________" the announcer said as he said my name.

I received my gold medal and waved at the crowd that was cheering.

I had been a professional swimmer since I was child and it was my passion and my life.

After everyone had left the pool area i stayed until after closing hours since my dad owned it. I got in my swimsuit and dived in. I loved the feeling of making a perfect dive. I went deeper than i usually do soo i could touch the bottom. I sat down at the bottom and held my breath. Good thing i could also hold my breath for about 3 minutes. I looked at the pool and saw something swim by me rapidly. I looked to where it headed but there was nothing. I guess it was my imagination. I felt a presence beside me and when i looked to my side my (e/c) eyes met emerald green ones. It was a....merman? He had dirty blonde hair and thick eyebrows. His tail had glistening green scales.

Out of instinct i started screaming but since i was underwater i swallowed a lot of water. As i swam to the surface i started to feel light headed and soon I blacked out

________________________

I woke up and looked to see that I was laying at the edge of the pool. I guess I fell asleep. I guess it was all a dream.

"Hello, Love" a deep english accent said from beside me.

When I looked up I saw the merman i had met on the edge of the pool, his head resting on his arms.

"H-Hi..." I said a bit shocked

"Sorry about scaring you, i just really wanted to see you up close" he said, a light pink blush dusting his cheeks

"I-Its ok, My name is..." I said but i was cut off.

"____________ , yeah i know, i've seen you compete you are really good. My name is Arthur by the way" he said smiling brightly.

"Thanks"

He stared at me with those stunning green eyes and i was lost in them.

"________, lets go" My dad said from the door.

"Coming!!" I said

"Arthur, meet me here tomorrow at this hour ok?" I said and he nodded

I ran towards my dads car and got in. I couldnt think about anything else but seeing Arthur again.

_________________________

I walked into the pool and left my stuff at the bench. I put my swimming suit on and dived in. As soon as my vision cleared up, I saw Arthur staring at me and smiling brightly. He grabbed my hand and we swam for a while. He started to swim in circles around me, making me a bit dizzy, but he stopped right infront of me, our faces too close. My cheeks turned crimson red and he giggled a bit.

We swam to the surface to catch some air. We just floated their for a while and talked. He is very interesting and he told me why he was trapped in this pool. It seems the bottom of the pool has a gate that leads to the beach next to this area, and he comes here from time to time to see the competitions.

"I usually come here... to see you!" He said rubbing his neck sheepishly.

I blushed a bit and chuckled

Before I could say anything else, he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me softly. I tensed up a bit at the sudden touch but slowly melted into the kiss. It felt... nice. He pulled away and looked deep into my eyes

"My little dolphin" he said cutely with a pink blush on his cheeks

I couldnt help but squeal and he just laughed at my reaction. I started making funny dolphin noises and he just laughed harder.

"You are soo adorable" he said

"Thanks~" i said as i swam up to him and pecked his cheek, he blushed crimson red

Who knew I would fall in love with a merman? Life is soo weird!