It's Okay || Technoblade

I didn't know the proper way to address his passing, so I figured I would have him say goodbye to SBI. It's not a romantic one-shot. If you want a version of this with Y/N, comment. It feels inappropriate.

Song Recommendation: Jubilee Line | Wilbur Soot

I never thought I'd lose someone so dear to me. I loved Techno like a brother. I'll always see him that way. Tommy adored him, looked up to him as well. How could you not? He was kind and funny and better than most.

Why him? That was question I asked myself over and over as I tried to go to sleep. I couldn't force myself to go to sleep that first night. It took more than that. I needed another day. I needed to speak with Phil before I could doze off for even a minute.

I think I knew deep down that I'd dream of him. I'd see him like I do now. Not so clearly, but I knew I would see him in my sleep. If I drifted off into my subconscious, I would break down. I'd see Techno again. And even though I longed for him to be with me again, I wanted him for real.

I didn't want to force a dead Technoblade to come see me in my sleep. People needed to see him more. His siblings. His parents. His real family needed him most of anyone. So why? Why was he here?

"Will." He looks ethereal. He's surrounded by a bright, consuming light. It's everywhere, like a never ending box of glowing white light. I look around myself, and just the light. "Why..?" I murmur to him. It's a dream, so soon. Why do I need to see him now?

Just give me a week before I see you again. I have to at least grieve a little bit. He has to be gone for long enough for it to feel real. "That's really vague," he smirks at me, joking. I can't joke with him. Surely he knows that. So why does he even try?

"Why did you have to leave me?" I ask him. He scratches that back of his neck. His pushes his glasses up and chuckles. "What choice did I have?" He asks me. "But why?!" I ask him.

"You'll be okay. You don't need me." He tells me this as if he could know. Maybe he can. But I can't believe him. I just can't force myself to. "How can you know that!?" I ask him, fists curled up. "Because, I know you, Will."

"I'll always be with you. I'll love you. I'll love Tommy. Phil. You have to know all this. Come on, Will. You are my brother. My real brother. I don't need your blood for that to be true. I just have to love you. And be with you. And trust me, I will always do both of those things."

I gulp back the giant knot in my throat. A small drop water drips down from my cheekbone onto the white flooring. Techno's eyes fill with tears as well. "I'll do just fine here, it's peaceful here," He says to me, choking up just slightly.

"Just don't forget me, alright?" He says it, and tears stream, full on. Uncontrollably so. It spurs him on too. He hangs his head down. I run up to him and wrap my arms around him. I squeeze and he sinks into me, sobbing in my neck. "How could I forget you, Technoblade?"