Chapter 2: Season 6 of James Wooing Lily

"Can you believe it?" Lily asked as she and Claudette made there way down to the Great Hall.

"Believe what?" Claudette asked.

"That we're now in our sixth year!" Lily answered, "It seems just like yesterday that we entered this world for the first time and now we're just a year away from graduating and making our own lives here."

"You're right. Funny how time flies." Claudette mused.

The girls took their usual seats, Claudette next to Remus while Lily sat next to her.

"You brighten up my morning better than the sun, Evans. Will you go out with me?" James asked, as obnoxious and annoying as usual.

Lily rolled her eyes, stabbing a piece of toast with her fork, "Not in a million years Potter."

"And welcome ladies and gentlemen to season 6 and episode 1 of the 'James trying to woo Lily' show." Remus said making Claudette laugh.

James makes a face at Remus while Sirius grinned with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"The question remains," Sirius continued his friend's antics, "Will he finally get the girl of his dreams or the burning passion of his love will be snuffed out by his broken heart?"

"I'm going with the latter especially when he's being an arrogant toe rag." Lily said.

This time the whole table burst out into laughter, causing James to turn red in the face.

"What's the matter with all of you?" James whined, "Is it 'Team up to pick on James day'?"

"Well if that exists, it would my favorite day." Claudette teased.

"Me too." Lily added.

"Oh come on!" James groaned.

Remus, Claudette and Lily all head down to the first floor for their first class of the day: Muggle Studies.

"Not to be offensive but why do you two still take Muggle Studies when you're both, well, muggle-born?" Remus asked.

Claudette shrugged, "I mean it could be interesting to look at things from a wizard's point of view."

"Besides," Lily piped up with a laugh, "We would basically have the upper hand with all of our experience."

"No that's not fair at all." Remus chuckled, pushing the door open for the two girls.

"How come your gentleman ways don't rub off of James?" Claudette joked.

"Maybe it's because his ego gets in the way." Remus shrugged, before bursting out laughing too.

"Okay but I saw you with the Hufflepuff guy who was eyeing you last year. Don't even deny it. I want the details." Alice said, looking pointedly at Marlene.

Marlene raised her hands in mock surrender, "His name is Jasper. And he was so nice but like half of the time he talked about how he got his 'perfect hair'."

"Ditch him!" Claudette immediately called out from behind the book she was reading.

"But it wasn't that bad. Seriously it's the first date, we won't know much yet." Marlene continued, ignoring her friend.

"Did he even compliment you?" Lily asked.

Marlene was silent for a beat, "I think he said that I was great? Or maybe he was talking about the weather?"

"Like I said, ditch him!" Claudette repeated.

Once again, Marlene took no notice to her words, "Jasper also asked me out on a second date and I said yes."

It was Alice's turn to submit a question, "Where and when?"

Marlene gave another shrug, "Honestly, I have no idea. He just asked if I wanted to go on a second one then said nothing more."

"For the third time," Claudette said, snapping the book shut, "Ditch him!"

"Hear! Hear!" Mary agreed.

"Why are you so against Jasper? You haven't met him yet and it's not like he was really rude and all." Marlene said.

"He's literally a walking red flag. He is so full of himself, didn't take the time to make sure that you got the message of his compliment - if it was directed to you and not the weather, also it's like he didn't much about having a second date with you once you agreed." Claudette reasoned, "This Jasper is literally the version of Sirius if he got any worse - goodness, Sirius compliments you like a gentleman."

"What about you?" Marlene teased with a smile, "How's your boyfriend, Remus, so far?"

"He's not my boyfriend and he will never be." Claudette protested, the heat rising up to her cheeks, "Stop changing the subject!"

"Yeah Claud," Lily grinned, bouncing onto her friend's bed looking like a girl in a teen drama movie, "The only way you and Remus would finally become an item is when you make the first move."

Claudette rolled her eyes at her friends, "Let me explain this to all of you, once again, in the most simplest way known to humankind. I love him, he only sees me as a friend or a sister. Feelings would ruin the current and only relationship we have. I'll grow out of this little crush soon enough."

"Yeah," Alice said in a tone that told Claudette she didn't believe her as she brandished a shoe box and it's contents, "I'm pretty sure that the two of you will get married."

"Alice!" Claudette chastised, her cheeks turning redder as she tried to snatch her box of Polaroid pictures away.

"Tsk, tsk." Lily teased as she started going through the photos, "Literally 90% of these have Remus in them. 5% have me and the remaining have a variation of our friends. If you and Remus are not end game - then I will curse the whole world and never believe in love again."

"The year Remus and I start dating will also be the year Lily falls head over heels in love with James." Claudette, along with the rest of the group laughed making Lily scowl at them.

"I'll bet on that." Mary added causing them all to laugh even harder.