03 | REAL LIFE

note: sorry for any misspelling
I am dyslexic and this book
is unedited.

It was fair to say that Liv and Martin couldn't be having two completely different morning. Liv, doesn't like to be late but she always end up being late because she would think it's a good idea to pack of the morning of her train journey. Or she wouldn't be able to make her mind on what to wear and try's on 5 different outfits before going back to the first one. But Liv packed her suitcase and bag the evening before and she didn't change her 5 times because she went for an all black look. It simple and easy and you can never go wrong with an all black outfit.

Everyone joked about how Martin was a teacher pet and he honestly didn't bother him because he was very aware that he was one. He always has been one. He was one of the first people to arrive at training and one of the last to leave. Becoming Captain only made it even more important for him to set a good example. He had set his alarm like normal but he slept straight through it. He actually didn't wake up until an hours after he should of. He knew that he had missed the coach and felt so much disappointment in herself for over sleeping.

Martin had pure panic when he did finally wake up. Rushing around his bedroom and trying to get dress. The Arsenal group chat was blowing up with a mixture of worry for Martin and finding it hilarious that he was late. It was fair to say that Martin anxiety was sky high. He was praying that a panic attack wouldn't follow along because of how high his anxiety is. Leaving his house and running to the train station. The train he wanted was going to leave in two minutes but thankfully he did catch it in time.

There was on empty seats sitting opposite a female leaving all black, who was nose keep in his book. She was paying no attention to Martin or what he was doing. He did catch her attention when he sat down opposite her, she looked up to him then looked back at her book.

It seem that the universe wasn't paying any attention to Liv when she swore she was having a break from men and most importantly football players. But the universe had other idea for her because putting Martin Odegaard opposite her on a 3 hour train journey wasn't fair and Liv was fighting everything in her not to flirt with him.

"Hi, Do you want to talk about what has your anxiety going? Don't lie and say that you are fine when we only been half an hour into this train journey and you haven't stop biting your fingers and shaking your legs." Liv said. She did know who the handsome male sitting opposite her on the train journey and she did know that his anxiety was sky high. He turn a bright red when she spoke to him. "Don't feel embarrassed. My best friend suffers from anxiety and she finds talking about it helps her best. But if you don't want to and you want me to sit here in silence for the next two hours then that fine." Liv explained and there was so response from Martin so she taking the silence as please leave me alone. 

Perhaps only 10 minutes has gone past since Liv had spoken to Martin. Her words keep on going round on his head and he wished that he was able to hide his anxiety more better. He felt bad because he had basically ignored her when all she was trying to help and he felt foolish to ask her for the help she was offering.

"Hi, I think talking could help... but I don't want to talk about how I am feeling... perhaps... you could tell me something about yourself?" Martin said. He voice was low like whisper. Thankfully the train wasn't too loud or Liv wouldn't have been able to hear him.

"Ok, I can do that. The reason why I am on this train is to see my best friend who lives in Liverpool. We meet at Ice Skating when we were 11 years old and been friends ever since." Liv said and Martin was watching her every move.

"I'm going up to Liverpool for my work." Martin said.

"And does this job of your involved you kicking a football and trying to score goals?" Liv asked. Martin gave a soft laugh and once again became embarrassed. He felt more comfortable and relaxed that Liv knew who he was. "I'm Liv and I am guessing you are Martin." Liv said smiling to Martin and he nod his head.

"I'm guessing you are a fan of football?" Martin asked.

"I have no choice in the matter, my twin brother job is playing football."

Liv, informed Martin of who her twin brother is and he is plays for Chelsea. The two of them was talking about football and Martin asked Liv a few questions about her ice skating like how long she been doing it for? Since she was 9.

Liv knew that Martin was avoiding the question about his anxiety and how he was feeling. He was hoping that Liv wouldn't ask him again because he had a feeling that she might but he felt comfortable talking to her and wished that the train journey was 9 hours long just so he could speak her to.

"Do you want to talk about your anxiety? How are you feeling on a scale 1 - 10 and only if you feel comfortable and if not then we talk more football." Liv asked. She noticed that he had stop biting his finger nails.

"Maybe like a 5. Talking to you has made it a lot better." Martin said and Liv smiled.

"Well I am glad that I was able to help." Liv said. "Do you want to talk about why you are feeling anxious?" Liv asked.

"It is stupid."

"Getting anxious over something isn't stupid, you have no control of it."

"I guess you are right.... The lads will tease me for being such a teacher pet, which I don't mind because I am aware that I am. But today I woke up an hour later then I should of. I missed the coach so that is why I am getting the train up. I am going to miss some of are training and we only have 3 hours to train and warm up before the games start. Areta will take the captain bag from me. I am really hungry and the man behind me won't stop looking at me and it's getting really annoying." Martin explained to Liv and she was grateful for his honest answer with her.

"I highly doubt that Areta will take away the captain armband because you woke up late one time and if he does then he is an idiot. Hypocrite if he does take it away then you need to prove to him why you are the best for the Captain position. Have you messaged him explaining what had happened?"

"Yes I have and he said that I shouldn't worry but what if he is only saying that and when I arrive that he will take it away."

"I think you need to have more faith in what you manager is telling you and stop overthinking what might happen. I know it's easy for me to say here. But you need to take what you know as face value and deal with that." Liv said. Perhaps she didn't say the correct thing but it was the truth and him overthinking wasn't helping him at him.

The train came to halt with the announcement that they was now at Liverpool station in 10 minutes times. Liv, quickly went to the toilet then grab her bags and waited for the train to stop.

"Liv, thank you, you help me a lot."

"You are more than welcome. It was nice meeting you and best of luck for the game tonight." Liv said and walked off the train.