Chapter 34

Kol and Davina had bad news for them.

They were both called to wake up early and meet in the upstairs study. Elijah and Finn were just as confused as they were.

When they arrived, they had with them a phone on which a video was ready to be played. On the screen was Vincent Griffith.

"Davina, listen," he was saying. "I know we are not on the best of terms, but I need you to listen to me, okay? Um, we're in serious trouble. Now, I'm recording this here because it's-it's free from magic, and magic is our enemy. The Ancestors got me on the hook doing some pretty twisted magic, and I want no part of it, but they're forcing me to help Lucien Castle. And, if you don't help me, Freya Mikaelson's gonna die."

Everyone tensed and continued watching as Vincent explained, "Before they forced me to take her, they had me put up a cloaking spell, so we can't be tracked. Now, Lucien's taking us out of town someplace, I don't know where... but there's a loophole—"

Kol paused the video and held up a vial of blood, pointing at Finn. "You."

Finn was confused. "Just how am I the loophole?"

Kol huffed impatiently. "Last year, when Esther first brought us back, I got put in the body of a gormless twit, but you got housed in one of the most powerful witch bodies in the city— Vincent's. And, even after all this time, there's still an echo of a body-soul connection between you two."

Kol pressed play again. "And Davina," Vincent was saying, "that's where you come into play. I need a powerful witch that's off the Ancestors' radar." He used a small knife to drain some blood into a vial, the same one Kol was holding. "I want you to find the thread between me and Finn."

"Have you ever done anything like this?" Elijah asked Davina worriedly.

She shook her head. "I don't even know if it's possible. But, I do have Vincent's blood. If I can take Finn's blood and do the spell right, I should be able to track Vincent down."

"I should have sensed something was wrong when Freya didn't call," said Finn guiltily. "Now Lucien has a head start." He waved his hand at Davina, shooing her away. "Go, witch. Tend to your spells. I won't rest until she's found."

Kll scoffed. "Behold, the selfless martyr! First, he wants to rip Davina's head off for trapping him in his body. Now he can't wait to be spelled."

They made to advance towards each other, but Elijah got between them. "Finn," he said sharply. "You and I shall go together. Kol, you stay here with Davina."

"You're going with him?" snapped Kol. "So, the two people responsible for not destroying the white oak when they had the chance, thus putting us in this bloody mess, are now off to try and fix it. That's just marvelous. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?"

"Kol," said Davina sharply. "Look at me. I don't know this magic. I need your help. Come on..."

She led him away. "What can we do?" asked Graciela as Finn went to drain his blood into a nearby bowl. "Would you like me to take a patrol of wolves to see if we can sniff the trail, find which way they're headed?"

"No," said Elijah immediately. "Lucien's company hunted wolves, he will have the weapons to shoot at any who follow, be it in wolf form or human form. Stay here, aid Davina and Kol with anything they need. Attempt to track using their phone numbers, anything."

"Be careful," said Graciela, pulling him into a hug. "Please be careful."

He rubbed her back. "We will be, not to worry. We must get going. See to it that the blood reaches Kol and Davina."