Chapter 17

"Agriche will fall"

"Agriche will fall"

These words echoed in her mind. Ringing loudly, being her goal.

She mumbled to herself. "Agriche will fall. I shall destroy Agriche"

Roxana sat in Lante's.... well, her office, looking over all the records of the Agriche family.

It had seemed like she had only wanted the power. To only become the head of Agriche and rule. But no, her plan was bigger and had always been bigger than that.

She adjusted the jacket that she wore — the jacket that Cassis had given her. At that moment Dion came in.

"Oh hello" Roxana smiled at Dion.

"I don't know what you're doing, but I'm telling you to stop"

"Stop what?"

The smile on her face was innocent. She feigned ignorance. Dion only looked at her silently until he looked at the jacket she was wearing.

"What's that?"

"Oh this" She gestured towards the jacket. "It's what Cassis gave me. On the first night of the grand ball"

The look on Dion's face was dangerous. As if he was going to kill Roxana. But she remained unfazed. It was Dion. He wouldn't kill her because of his twisted feelings towards her.

"I remember the day Ashil died. Or rather the day I killed Ashil" Dion smiled wickedly.

He spoke of a dark topic.

Roxana's smile became smaller as Dion spoke about her dead brother. She didn't speak but allowed him to talk.

"That day you cried. It was the first and last time I had seen so much emotion on your face. I miss that. Maybe if I were to kill your mother too...then maybe you'll show that much emotion just like before"

They both looked at each other. Time seemed to stop.

"I'm not going to be angry with you Dion. Because I don't care"

"If I were to go back in time, I'd kill Ashil again and again. He was too weak to be an Agriche"

"I still don't care"

"We'll see" Dion exited the room, leaving Roxana with her thoughts.

'I don't care. Yes I don't care'

While she had been talking to Dion at that time, her nails had been digging into her skin.

Dion had tried to shake her, but she would remain unfazed. There was so much she needed to do.

'I want to destroy Agriche because of my own personal reasons. Not so that I can rid the world of the family's darkness'

Dion...such a bastard. Talking about Ashil in such a way. It was good that she was independent and didn't really depend on him.

'I don't need anybody from now on. I am Roxana Agriche'

***
"Brother, you said you wanted to tell me something?" Sylvia followed Cassis as they walked in the garden.

The Pedelian mansion was peaceful and bright. Bright flowers planted everywhere in the garden. Smiling servants at every turn, greeting the members of the family.

"Sylvia you are my only sibling. Both of us are father's only children"

"Yes?"

Sylvia was surprised by this sudden topic. Ever since the grand ball, Cassis had been acting strange.

She wondered if it had to do with his disappearance for a month, three years ago.

"What would you do, if I were to die?"

Cassis stopped walking and Sylvia also halted in her steps. He turned around to look at his younger sister.

Her expression turned dark and her hands shook. "Brother, what are you talking about?"

"I'd really want to know what you'd do if I were to die"