The Championship

“Well, well, well," said the team captain of the Pin Masters. “If it isn't this year's losers."

“I was just about to say the same thing, Hemingway," Wolf replied, unfazed. “Trust me, you haven't seen us bowl yet."

“Pfft. What makes you think your team is better?" Hemingway asked. “You're the only one with fingers."

“You underestimate my crew," Wolf said. “But hey, keep acting cocky all you want. We're gonna win ourselves a trophy."

“Good thing they've gone good," said one of Hemingway's teammates. “Instead of stealing the trophy, they can just lose and whine about it."

“The only ones going to be whining are you guys," Snake laughed. The rest of the Bad Guys joined in.

“Hey, guys!" Gabi greeted as she stepped inside. “Did I miss the trash talking already?"

“'Fraid so," Webs replied glumly. Gabi raised an eyebrow.

“Webs, what's wrong?"

“Huh? Oh, nothing!" Webs lied, faking a smile. “See? It's all good!"

“Er... Okay," Gabi said nervously. “You know... We can talk about anything, right? Girl to girl?"

“Of course, I know that," Webs answered.

“Webs, you're up!" Wolf called out.

“Coming, Wolfie!"

As Webs got on top of the ball and ran on it fast enough to make it roll at the right speed, Gabi decided to go talk to Piranha.

“So, what's your big surprise, Piranha?" Gabi asked curiously. “You're not gonna break another claw machine, are you?"

“Okay," said Piranha, “first of all, that toy was not coming out on purpose. Second, you're gonna have to wait until we win the championship."

“I think you mean if you win the championship," Gabi pointed out. “And you better hurry since it's your turn."

“Oh, right!" Piranha exclaimed, running up to the lane and somersaulting across it, knocking down all off the pins at once.

“Oh, yeah!" Shark whooped. “Talk about being the ball!"

“That's my boyfriend!" Gabi cheered.

“Is that even allowed?" one of the Pin Masters asked Hemingway.

“Good job, hermano," Wolf said as Piranha rolled out of the ball return. “It's a wonder you never get dizzy doing that."

“Thanks, Wolf," Piranha replied, sitting back up. “I am thirsty, though. Be right back."

As he headed for the concessions, Piranha pulled the ring out of his pocket and took a deep breath.

“Hey, chico, can I get six waters and some cheese fries?" he called out to a pale yellow snake with dark brown spots wearing a black visor.

“That'll be $12.45," the snake replied, serving Piranha his order. As he handed over the money, Piranha took a good look at the snake and read his name tag.

“Say Quentin, don't I know you from somewhere?" he asked.

“I don't think so," Quentin replied with a shrug. “I don't normally work during tournament hours."

“Oh, okay," Piranha said, sticking the ring in the cheese fries before getting down from the booth.

“Sir, did you just stick an engagement ring in your cheese fries?"

“Yeah, I'm proposing to my girlfriend," Piranha answered.

“Well, you don't wanna do it that way," Quentin warned. “I proposed to my wife that way, she almost choked to death."

“Did she say no after that?" Piranha asked.

“If she said no, she wouldn't be my wife," Quentin pointed out.

Piranha laughed. “You're funny, chico."

“Piranha, you're up again!" Wolf shouted.

“Coming, guys! We'll talk later, Quentin," Piranha said as he headed back with his tray. “I know I've seen him somewhere."

“Hey, Shark, I'm gonna use the ladies' room," Gabi said. “Let me know if I miss anything, okay?"

“Sure thing, baby girl," Shark replied, eating the entire bowl of cheese fries when Piranha wasn't looking.

🐺🐍🕷️🦈🐟🐹🦊🐠🌹💍🥂🎇

As Gabi headed for the restroom, a figure wearing a fedora and a grey coat followed her inside. Once Gabi stepped out the stall, she began to wash her fins and noticed something odd about her reflection. Putting a hand to the side of her head, she noticed that even though she still felt it there, her reflection didn't have her scar.

“What the..." she muttered. Suddenly, her “reflection" jumped out of the “mirror" and tackled her to the ground. Gabi tried to get away, but her identical attacker forcibly held a rag against her mouth and as she screamed, Gabi unwillingly breathed in the chemicals and passed out.

“Good girl, Millicent," Marmalade said, stepping out of the fake mirror.

“Thank you, sir," Millicent replied, “but I don't understand why you didn't want me to just kill her."

“For the time being, Gabriela is more useful alive," Marmalade explained. “Once the Bad Guys get what they deserve, I'll kill her myself."

Once she was ready, Millicent stepped out of the bathroom and joined the Bad Guys at their lane.

“Piranha, get out of there!" Shark shouted, rolling around in agony.

“Not until I get it back!" Piranha yelled from inside Shark's gut.

“Uh, what's going on?" Millicent asked.

“Shark ate Piranha's fries and Piranha went in there to get them back," Webs answered.

“Ew."

“Yeah, and we need to get a spare to win!" Wolf added. “Shark, spit him out and roll!"

“I want to, but he won't stop squirming!" Shark groaned. Every other bowler in the alley watched them.

“Rene, get my trophy polish from the car," Hemingway ordered one of his teammates.

“I'll handle this," Snake insisted as he wrapped his body around Shark and squeezed him.

“I got it!" Piranha shouted right before Shark spat him out and he rolled into the lane, hitting the last three pins. Everybody cheered except for the Pin Masters.

“Impossible!" Hemingway shouted.

“The Bad Guys win!" the announcer declared. At that moment, the ball machine rolled Piranha out and Wolf put him back down on the ground.

“You okay, Piranha?" Wolf asked. Instead of answering, Piranha stumbled towards Millicent and held out the ring in front of her.

“Gabi... will you marry me?" he asked wearily.

“Um..." Millicent stammered before noticing a disguised Marmalade nod at her while stuffing Gabi's body into a bowling bag. “Uh, yeah. Sure, I'll marry you."

“Hey, she said yes!" Wolf announced to everyone as Piranha slid the ring onto her fin. The crowd cheered even louder... except for Webs.

“‘Sure, I'll marry you?'" she asked herself. To the skeptical tarantula, that didn't sound right.

“Well, I know no one likes a party pooper," Marmalade said with a smirk as he zipped up the bag and headed out the door. “Keep celebrating, Bad Guys."