Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A week later, Theo was back to his usual self.

By usual, I mean he was yelling at people and throwing temper tantrums. He was also thoroughly punished by Hades. Something that Theo refused to talk about with even me. He just left it at, "Next time we think about saving that bastard's life, remind me of this and I'm heading to Crete". I assumed from that, that it was something very humiliating and thorough. Hades didn't play around, even with his sons-- even when his sons are experiencing Recharge.

Unfortunately, there was more bad news.

Though Theo's royal guard swarmed the streets of Styx, Rara and Prometheus were nowhere to be found, not even after we found the hotel they'd been staying at. We consulted psychics and even Hades himself, but Rara and Prometheus were shielded from him. Rara and Prometheus had completely vanished-- or so, that's how it's said.

Something in me told me that they would be back, and when they were, I would not hesitate to return Prometheus to his rightful place and Rara's to hers-- And by Rara's, I mean the darkest pits of Hell. I'm positive Lucifer would be happy to have a new plaything.

As for Theo's brothers, they all recovered quickly and had returned to work. They also resumed the meetings for their new organization that was set up for the sole purpose of keep Titans under lock and key.

Hades had officially called the organization TC. Titan Control. He thought it was humorous while his sons merely found his bad sense of humor irritating, though, they didn't say anything in case Hades regretted his decision of rescuing them.

Theo's palace was rebuilt and his chambers made much larger. I was relieved to be invited in just to see who it'd been designed. I was also pleased to see that his sheets were a vibrant shade of red that was nearly similiar to his hair. Black silk netting was draped over the top part, giving it the title of a canopy bed. His bathroom had also been redesigned and he seemed eager to bathe.

"You stay in here with me," Theo was saying as I stood in the corner of the bathroom, watching him bend over the edge and turn the water on, "I'm still not used to being alone constantly. Or at least, not comfortable with it now." I only nodded, but didn't move from my place. I waited for Theo to order me to set his bath for him, but to my surprise, he did it himself.

He poured the pink bubble bath soup into it, the water rushing from the faucet and stirring up the soup so the bubbles began to pile toward the top. He shut the bathroom door, sweeping across to the large black marble bathtub that was built into the floor, much like a hot tub. He undid the red belt on his silk robe, dropping it in a puddle on the floor, revealing his completely flawless and naked body.

I frowned instantly, though, when I saw deep scratches and cuts all over his arms, a couple scarring the insides of his thighs. I lifted my eyes to see Theo staring at me. I said nothing, but I didn't need to. Theo shrugged, reaching up to tuck a lock of hair back behind his ear, looking surprisingly embarrased.

"Old habits die hard." He answered to my silence. I only gave a slight nod, watching as Theo stepped into the tub, shivering at the heat before he lowered himself inside to sit on the bench. He looked like he was enjoying himself, though, with the warm water and pale pink bubbles floating across the surface of the water. He lifted a long, pale leg out of the water to place on the edge near my feet. He looked up at me past dark lashes.

"Actually," He said quietly, sinking back to the other side of the tub, still watching me, "Could you get in the tub with me? I'd feel safer if you did." I wanted to protest. Part of me wondered if these requests were just so he could tease me for my feelings, but wondering got me nowhere. Only action did, so I nodded and stripped my clothes off, folding them neatly and placing them on a nearby rack. I heard Theo scoff at the gesture, but I ignored it and stepped into the tub.