nine. until the end

•

     Fears are symbolic of the small moments, which dreadfully find place in our minds. It manifests, when we think, or feel upon them. If this energy is given any more attention, it grows. Sort of like how if a flower is nurtured and shown attention, its petals bloom from the inside out. It's the exact same concept. Before you really take note of it, the flourishing plant has rooted itself deeply into the soil. After it's done so, the object is hard to pull from the hands of the earth, similar to one's mind. Once things have rooted, they don't just disappear.

     At this moment, I can finally recall the moment that fear seed was planted in my soul. Staring eyes, boring into the blackness of my pupils. Pupils staring back at mine, mirroring one another so that the gateway being formed by the connection, continues onward forever. It's neverending, I realize, as I stare back at the eyes on me. The seed was sown into me, not with death, but birth. I have always been afraid of eyes. It only has gotten worse, after last summer.

     My eyes flick back from the recently arrived other two, Nancy and Robin, to my brother.

     He disrupts the silence, his voice low. "Two?"

     With just Eddie and my back turned towards the staircase, the others cannot see the hand he's placed against my back. Even with the tips of his fingers still transferring warmth past the thin cloth shirt I wear, It doesn't comfort me too much. He must see the same thing in Steve's eyes as I do.

     "Two days— not twenty-four hours," I repeat.

     My voice is wavering, and quiet. A new fear is blooming, as my brother's anger radiates. It's as if the heat from him, has caused the flowers growing in my essence, to sprout. Now, all they need is the help from water. Tears, or sweat. Both of which, I have begun contemplating.

     Steve steps forward, looking at Eddie. "You mean to tell me that my goddamn sister has been seeing Vecna for two days? Two?! And you didn't think to — I don't know. . .maybe radio it in?"