Chapter 02

Delia's POVThe next morning I got up and cooked breakfast for everyone

Delia's POV
The next morning I got up and cooked breakfast for everyone. I ate my portion before going upstairs and showering. I brushed my teeth and hair before grabbing my bags and rushing downstairs.

I practically bolted to my dad and kissed his cheek "I'm headed out early so I can get my schedule. Bye dad, I love you. Have a good day!" He was flabbergasted for a moment before he quickly said "Love you too! Good luck!" I rushed outside and hopped into my jeep.

It didn't take me long to find the school. I got my schedule and quickly checked over my classes.

1st: English-Mr. Varner
2nd: History- Mr. Jefferson
3rd: Geometry- Mr. Mason
4th: Dance-Ms. White
Lunch
5th: Art-Mrs. Hope
6th: French 1-Mrs. Buffay
7th: Biology- Mr. Molina

Everything was in order. I went to my classes and when lunchtime came around I had made one friend, Angela Weber, who I sat with along with her friends. My sister sat at the table as well and scowled at me the whole time until something at the cafeteria entrance caught her attention "Who are they?" I turned around to see six teenagers enter the cafeteria.

All three had porcelain skin with golden eyes and bags under said eyes. Their eyes made me uncomfortable and set off red flags.

Angela kindly answered "The Cullens, they're Dr and Mrs Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska two years ago. They kind of keep to themselves...." She trailed off awkwardly. That's when Angela's friend Jessica spoke up and swung into gossiping mode "Because they're all together! Like together together" I can already tell that she's a Stanley because of her nosy busybody attitude.

'Her and Bella are going to be great friends..'

"The blonde runway model is Rosalie Hale, she with Emmett Cullen the guy who looks like he's on steroids" Jessica explained "Then there's Alice Cullen, she like super weird, she's with Jasper Hale. He's the blonde that looks like he's in pain. Finally there's Violette Hale the other blonde girl. She's with Edward Cullen who's drop dead gorgeous. He's definitely out of her league, he could so do better than that stuck up bitch, but it's not like I care" Jessica rambled, making my eyes narrow at her.

'She clearly does' I think before rolling my eyes.

Angela then defensively says "They're not all related, Jess!" "But they live together! It's weird!" That's when I spoke up and said "So? Plenty of unmarried couples do. It's not a crime, and if something was amiss then my father would've been informed of it. Perhaps you should do some self reflection before you look to judge other's choices, that are quite frankly none of your business" Jessica's face turned beat red and Bella glared at me.

"Whatever! Just don't waste your time!" Jessica snapped before sulking "I wasn't planning on it" Bella mumbled before going back to stare at Edward who was clearly uncomfortable with her. He shifted before pulling Violette closer to him. She looked at her boyfriend in concerned and attempts to soothe him as Rosalie gives Bella a heated look which made Bella duck her head. I simply observed the Cullens as I ate my lunch.

Rosalie is possibly the most beautiful person in the world. She is 5'9 ft tall and statuesque, with an elegant figure similar to a model's. She has long wavy blond hair that falls halfway down to the middle of her back that perfectly suits the golden eyes that she shares with the rest of the Cullens. Emmett is very tall, very burly, and well, very intimidating..... Standing at 6'5 ft, he is the tallest of the Cullens, towering over Alice by nearly two feet! He is very handsome with dimples and slightly curly, dark brown hair that almost looks black, giving him a childish look not often seen in a grown man.

Alice is a very beautiful person, petite, the shortest of the Cullens at 4'10 ft. She is thin in the extreme with small, pixie-like features. She also has large eyes and long, delicate eyebrows. Her hair is cropped short, in a spiky pixie cut and is inky black. She moves very gracefully, continually cited as dancing, with a carriage that would break any ballerina's heart with her adoptive siblings and boyfriend. Jasper is 6'3 ft tall and has honey blond hair that falls just above his collar. He is muscular, but lean, unlike his brother Emmett.

I swear that I can just make out scarred bite marks on his exposed fore arms, neck, and one on his jaw....but that completely ridiculous. It must be the lighting.

I turn my attention to the remaining couple.

Edward stands at 6'2 ft, and has a thin and lanky but muscular body. His facial features are perfect and angular with high cheekbones, a strong jawline, perfect eyebrows, a straight nose and full lips. His untidy hair retains an unusual coppery bronze shade that is rare for strawberry blondes. Violette stands at 5'5 and is as beautiful as her sister, but seems to be more shy and humble compared to her. Her perfect figure is obviously a subject of envy for young women worldwide especially in Forks (*cough* Jessica Stanley *cough*) and gives her sensual look that seems to contrast with her gentle and soft face.

'I would love to make couple and family portraits of them....' I think absentmindedly as I give the Cullens one last once over and accidentally make eye contact with Alice. Alice face becomes dazed as if she sees right through me and she gasps startled. This draws the attention of her siblings and boyfriend and she immediately whispers something to them. Whatever she says makes their heads snap to me and stare at me with a mixture of curiosity and awe.

I feel uncomfortable and immediately excuse myself from their unnatural gaze 'Their eyes would look better if they were a shade of red...' I think before shaking my head at the thought.

~~~timeskip~~~
I get through my 5th and 6th period without incident, only to walk into my biology class to see Bella flirting with Edward at a table.

There's one last empty table at the back of the room and I immediately make my way over there. As I walk pass Edward and Bella's table, I realized that my presence caught Edward's attention and he stared at me with an intense look that makes me want to curl up in a hole and never come out.

Edward suddenly raises his hand, gaining the attention of the teacher who politely asks what he needs and what Edward says next leaves me floored "May I sit next to Delia? Isabella makes me uncomfortable and I'd rather switch seats then cause a disturbance" Mr. Molina nods and says "Go ahead" Edward immediately gathers his things and moves to sit with me.

Once he's done getting situated he turns to me and says "Hello, I'm Edward Cullen" I glance at him and mumbled out "Delia Swan" he smiled before asking "Do you like art or books by any chance?" My eyes snap to his form and I warily nodded making him give me a crooked smile.

"That's awesome! My mother actually wants someone to do portraits of us!" He says. I smile softly before saying "Let's exchange contact information so I can send you some samples and you can decide from there if you guys want me to do portraits" he nodded and we immediately did.

Bella glared at us the whole time with gears turning in her head.