Chapter 03

In Volterra, Italy

3rd POV
17 years ago Marcus saw red strings that glowed a golden color appear and connect his soul brothers to an external force.

Marcus quickly realized that his and his brothers soul mate had finally been born. He shared the joyous news with his brothers. Both were excited and immediately started preparing for her arrival.

Aro, the eccentric gift giver and party animal, planned a ball for her and had decorated her private room and filled her walk in closet with elegant dresses and clothes.

(He may or may not have asked the sisters for advice on modern women's tastes)

Marcus, the worrier, immediately wanted to prepare her for the role of a queen and built her a study room and placed books on accurate vampire history as well as a list of names containing Volturi members, allies, and enemies as well as their powers. He then had a small private space in the gardens built for her as a place to get away.

Caius on the other hand, was a passionate man in many ways, he elected to paint a portrait of what he believed that she would look like. Unfortunately he always destroyed them afterwards. One's hair was 'too curly', another's wasn't right because it was blonde, and another's didn't look right because the eyes were blue, etc. He eventually gave up after trying to picture her for 15 years and sat down and stared at a blank canvas.

He could picture her personality. Kind, innocent, and forgiving. The kings needed a lot of forgiveness for their past. There was so much red on their ledgers that you would be unable to make it clean and white no matter what you did.

This was an insecurity that was shared amongst the kings. 'Would she be able to forgive them for their pasts? Would she ever be able to see pass their monstrous visages and see the men beneath? Would she ever be able to truly love them?'

Then the phone call came.

"I miei re? Una dottoressa Carlisle Cullen è in gioco. Dice di avere informazioni urgenti che richiedono la tua attenzione" the secretary, Gianna, said (My kings? A Doctor Carlisle Cullen is on the line. He says he has urgent information that requires your attention). Aro nodded and Gianna handed him the cellular device on speakerphone "Carlisle! My good friend! Is all well?" He asked with his fake enthusiasm.

The kings haven't been happy since they were turned. No vampire is without their mate. The longing ache resides in them until they meet their destined partner, most go mad after the first 100 years and beg for death from the kings, or attempt to kill themselves. So for the kings to have survived 4000+ years without their mate is a feat of great faith that they'll meet her.

Carlisle knew of this, which is why as soon as he heard that, his old friends, the kings mate was spotted at school today he had to share the joyous news.

"Everything is better than it has been for centuries, my old friend!" Carlisle spoke excitedly with a large grin on is face. His happy tone caught the attention of Marcus and Caius, who looked over at the cellphone in curiosity. Aro quirked a brow and asked "Oh? And pray tell what is this news that has you ever so happy, my dear friend?" Carlisle blurted out in happiness "My daughter—Alice— had a vision! Two new girls attended their school and one of them is your mate!"

The king's eyes went wide and all three practically lunged for the phone that Gianna was still holding. The poor woman dropped the phone with a startled yelp and leaped away as the kings dove for the communications device. They immediately started rapidly asking questions.

"What's her name?" -Marcus.

"What does she look like?"-Cauis.

"Where are you right now?"-Aro.

"Is she still human?"-Marcus.

"Does she know of the supernatural?"-Aro.

"When can we meet her?"-Caius.

Carlisle laughed at his friends eagerness and genuine excitement before saying "We're in Forks, Washington and she is the daughter of the chief of police here and her name is Cordelia Helen Swan, but she goes by 'Delia'."

'Ah! Queen Cordelia Helen Swan the 1st! A first name that meant heart, or daughter of the sea(god)/Jewel of the Sea and a middle name meaning light. How fitting~! As she will be the heart of the Volturi and the light of the vampire world!'

"Yes she is human but she's unaware. I was hoping that, with your permission, we could ease her into the supernatural" Carlisle continued making Marcus immediately nod "Yes! Of course! It'll make our introduction so much easier!" Aro and Caius adamantly agreed.

"Good, good. The queen seems fond of my daughter Violette and she managed to take a picture of her, which we will send to your secretary" Carlisle said which made Gianna blot to the computer and after about ten minutes she reappeared to find that the King's had ended the call and looked at her expectantly.

Gianna immediately handed over the picture.

Caius quickly snatched the picture from his brother's hands and rushed to his art studio where he began his work