Prologue

Pov: Third Person, ???????

________

"Łęţ m€ øųť"

"İ əł₩ą¥§ (⁰m3 þæç[<."

"Í'§ şț¡l[ MĘ."

The woman woke up with a loud gasp, sweat caused her hair to be soaking wet and dripping. That voice. . . It keeps coming back. She doesn't know where it's from or why she keeps hearing it. . .

She shook her head as she stood up, looking around the room as she made her way to the bathroom.

The room was a one-room, tiny apartment. Her bed was a twin-sized bed with a pillow and blanket. Next to her bed was a small bedside table/mini dresser with drawers in it and a lamp on top, this bedroom took up a quarter of the room, next to the bathroom was the laundry basket.

The kitchen took up the rest of the apartment, it had a microwave, stovetop oven, a few cabinets with a counter, and a mini fridge.

She entered the bathroom.

The bathroom had a shower, toilet, sink, trashcan, and washing machine.

She walked over to the sink and stared at herself in the mirror. Her blond hair was soaked with sweat, her skin pale, concerningly so, -which she hoped was caused by exhaustion- and her green eyes were dull with tiredness.

She sighed as she rubbed her eyes, leaving the bathroom to grab her phone from the nightstand so that she could check the time. 4:21 P.M.

She stared at the time in a tired silence before putting it back onto the nightstand and checking her bed to see how sweat-soaked they were, luckily, it was just the pillow, so she removed the pillowcase, pausing to sniff the pillow, deciding it was best to wash it since it stank of sweat.

She walked over to the laundry basket and went to drop the pillow and case into it but paused as she spotted something in it. A plush.

She dropped the pillow and pillowcase onto the floor as she grabbed the plush, staring at it in silence. She recognized it from somewhere. . . It felt and looked familiar. But she couldn't place it.

She slowly sat down, her eyes not leaving the plush, as if she was mesmerized by it.

It was the size of a child's teddybear, and soft as one too, but, it was a yellow-green rabbit, wearing a purple vest and a small bowtie of the same color, both of which had stars and triangles on it.

She slowly began to caress its head, staring into its tiny, black, purple tinted eyes before she suddenly dropped it. Remembering that she had to get to work.

The woman immediately stood up and moved over to the dresser, kicking the plush out of her way as she did so. After digging through one of the drawers, she pulled out her uniform, and went to the bathroom

After a quick shower, she had gotten dressed and was staring at herself in the mirror. Her uniform was a white, button-up shirt with the company's bear-mascot logo on it. Her black pants were unfortunately skintight leggings, but she had to make do.

She put on her black company hat, which was a baseball cap with the company's logo, and then her utility belt, which held a flashlight, her keys, and security clearance pass.

"Well, Vannessa, time to get to work." She said to herself as she left her apartment, locking the door on her way out.

The green rabbit plush's texture glitched into black and purple goo before solidifying again, but this time, appearing on the bed, facing the door.