Chapter 3

Grace's wish is granted.

She is standing in the middle of the dorm, nodding in amusement "I can't believe how spacious this is!" She burst out, a giggle escaping her lips.

Having a great smile plastered on my face, I let my eyes travel around the space. It is nearly double the size from our dorm last year. Two normal sized beds with space underneath them is found with the headboards facing the wall furthest into the room, placed into the corners opposite from each other. We have a wardrobe as well, but I guess it will be more use to Grace's clothes, rather than my own.

"It's nice, though do we have to do something to the walls" I utter, looking at the white painted, emotionless, empty walls. "Yes, totally!" She clap her hands together, looking at the walls "I need to set up my pictures of Chris Evans and Johnny Depp" I let out a quiet laugh "Grace" I say which makes her turn to face me "Alisza" she reply "You have some serious daddy issues, you know that right?" I raise an eyebrow, as the smile on her face, slowly fades into a deep smirk. "I know, but to be fair, it's not my fault I was born the wrong year" she still has that smirk, but her eyes are as innocent as a puppy's.

I shake my head and laugh at her stupidity. I don't know how I got so incredibly lucky to have her to be honest. She is the only person who makes me laugh, who makes me feel good for once. I truly believe she is my soulmate, but not in a sexual or romantic way, I believe it as a best friend, more than a best friend. It is like when two puzzles fit perfectly together, the pictures are so different, yet so alike.

"Alizsa" her voice breaks the silence, who filled the air just seconds ago. She looks at me serious, making me unsure of what she has to say. "Yes" I answer short. "We have to try out that new cafe" I let out a breath, but I really don't know if it was more in relief or a light laugh. Everyone talked about the café that were being built over summer break, before we finished last year. We already had one but it was on the other side of campus, so only the juniors and seniors could get there. I guess they noticed, indicating they built one on this side as well.

"If we go now, can we get the bags on our way back" I state. Grace agree to the idea, which is no surprise due to what a sweet tooth she is.

We get out of our dorm and head down the stairs. There is not many people to be seen here yet, as we're utterly early. Most people will probably arrive later today or tomorrow.

Stepping out of the dorm house, I feel how the cold breeze send shivers down my spine "God, it's cold" I say under my breath as I cross my arms, cursing I left my jacket inside. Grace didn't seem to hear, as she walks down the few stairs to the little road. Rubbing my arms lightly, getting them warm, I follow her. She looks over her shoulder a few times, smile at me, and then look forward and keep walking.

It does not take too long before we see an average sized café. Its facade is painted in white and sage green, flowers are planted in a little flowerbed right next to it, and there's a sign on the door saying 'café' on it with golden letters. To be honest, it's beautiful. Grace walk up towards the door and push it, letting it creak open. I hear mumble from inside and I spot a few familiar faces as I step in. The white and sage green theme is plastered on the inside as well. Flowers are standing in the window and on the tables. I let my arms drop to the sides of my body, the warmth now taking out the cold. There's a line of people standing in front of the cash register, waiting to order. I believe this is why not many where seen around campus, a large amount of the early comers where here.

"It's beautiful" Grace gasp out. She takes a place in the line and I follow the action, standing next to her. "I'll pay" she say exited. I don't know how you could be so happy over a café, but surely it's the best thing that has happened today according to Grace. "No, I can't let you do that" I look at her, and frown as she shrug "Of course I can, Liz, I know you hate when I do, but please let me pay, I owe you" I try to change her mind, but the stubborn woman is stuck with her word, so I end up giving in.

It is not until we reach the cash register, I realize who is standing behind it "Mikyla" I burst out surprised. "That's me" Mikyla answer with a grin. Mikyla was one of my close friends a few years ago, but we have lost contact over time. She got to a different college and we kinda forgot about each other.

"What are you doing here?" I question. She has the same sunny smile as she always used to have "Changed college, the other one suck to be honest. I also need to save up for a car, and this was the fastest way to get money" she lets out a deep breath, not looking to pleased "So I'll be working here four times a week after school, as I didn't get accepted to any of the other jobs I applied for" she seemed bitter over that, and to be honest, I can see why. "Anyway, what do you want to order?" She fixed her bitter look up with the sunny smile.

Grace where the first one to order. She ordered a croissant and an ice coffee. When it's my turn I look over at the pastries "I'll take one chocolate biscuit and a water" Mikyla press a few buttons "twelve dollars, please" Grace hand over the money and then grab the tray, she lets out a quick goodbye and then head towards a table. I look after her, seeing what table she pics. I let a smile rest on my lips as I look towards Mikyla again. "See you around" I say. Mikyla nods in agreement.

I head over to Grace, pull out the chair and sit down. I spot some hockey players sitting a distance away, girls already standing and particularly drooling over them. I shake my head at the sight and then turn towards Grace. She has already started with her croissant, and when she see me looking at her she lets a pleased expression enter her face "You have to try, they're freaking delicious, Liz" she takes another bite as I chuckle at her.

Grace has already finished her coffee, along with her croissant as I take the last bit of biscuit into my mouth. I really needed that biscuit. The sugar of it got my temper up, along with it filling my hungry stomach, as I didn't get to finish my breakfast this morning.

We leave the tray on the table, following the signs on the wall that states 'leave dishes on the table'. I wave a goodbye to Mikyla, who waves back, before we head out, and start make our way to the parking lot. We walk in silence to the cars, which to be honest, is quite relieving. We are lucky the parking lot is not far away from our dorm house, so there's no problem in getting all the bags and boxes there rapidly.

I take my first box along with a suitcase, getting it up to be set in the room. Now walking in with my last box, I see Grace sitting on her bed. She is looking at the wall, pleased of her work. As the woman said earlier, there are now two pictures on the wall, one of Chris Evans, and one of Johnny Depp. "You really were serious" I say, both in surprise and laughter.
"Of course I was, I'm not a lair" she runs her finger along the frame with Chris Evans on it "But you gotta admit, they're hot" She twist her body towards me, the grin on her face is nowhere to be hidden.

I shake my head "They are not ugly" I let out "but Grace, they're over forty" I know, and have for a long time, that Grace like slightly older men, but it's getting out of hand. It would not surprise me if she would be walking hand in hand with a fifty year old man, in the beginning of next week; but I love her anyway.

Grace let out a deep sight "Like I said, it's not my fault I was born the wrong year" she state. "More like the wrong century" I utter.
"True, more like the wrong century" her eyes travel over the picture "The only thing making me like being born the wrong year is you. Liz I love you, and I'm happy we're born the same century"

That comment actually makes me laugh, laugh out loud, so hard. I can't even remember last time I laughed like this, it's been months since, that's for sure. "I love you too Grace" I walk over, hug her and then sit down next to her "And I'm happy I was born the same century you were, as well to be honest" She laughs at that, so do I.

————

Third chapter: ✔️

I hope you enjoyed reading this, and if you didn't, please comment what I can do/write differently!

Have a great day, remember how beautiful you are and live your best life! Love you<3

-Ella