chapter one: thats what she said

August looked at himself in the mirror, shaking out his newly cut, dark brown hair. His dark Hazel eyes scanned his appearance in the mirror of the bathroom.

He sighed, a lot of stuff was going on in his life but he knew that if he told anyone anything he would be shut out.

Specifically about his crush that weighed down his shoulders, his crush on the young detective he called D.

Now, only one person really knew about this crush, and they weren't going to reveal they did. Because they're an amazing friend to August.

A knock was heard from the outside of the bathroom, as well as a voice.

"You decent?" The male, D, the one that August had found himself taking a liking, asked the boy hidden in the bathroom.

"Yeah, I'm good." August wiped a drop of sweat from off his forehead, when D came in.

"What's up?" He turned to D, his Hazel eyes looking into the male's he had found himself  smiling somehow.

"I was wondering if you were doing anything for the forth of july? Me, nutcase, shade, and a few others are going to be throwing a barbeque, if you wanna come of course. " The young detective said casually, tapping his foot while his eyes scanned the bathroom while waiting for an answer from August

August thought for a minute, he didn't have plans, did he? No, no, it wasn't possible he had plans, he didn't have anyone to make plans with.

"Sure, yeah. I don't have any plans. I'd love to c-come." He stumbled on his words at the last bit, trying not to make an inappropriate joke, as he knew the young detective got tired of them.

As the detective turned away he snickered slightly, mumbling a soft but audible;

"That's what she said."