ONE

two weeks ago

i watched as my dad threw his things onto the floor. i looked at him like i've never looked at him before. he stood there and cried. cried like he just got the worst news of his life.

little did i know, i would be getting the worst news of my life the day after.

a day later

all i heard was a scream. it was ella's scream. her scream echoed through the house. dylan and i dropped our things in front of the front door and ran up the stairs to my parents room.

that's where we found ella standing over my dad's lifeless body on the floor. she cried. she stood there and cried like my dad had the day before. and my dad was on the floor like the things he threw.

i stared at him. stared. dylan ran to help but all i did was stand there. this was not real. this was not happening. not right now. it was way too soon. and nobody said a thing.

present day

"i'm going to miss you so much." dylan said, hugging me tight.

"dylan, what are we going to do about us?" i asked.

"break up. olivia, it's okay. we will live separate lives and i know we will find other people." he said.

i nodded.

"i promise you, i'll call you and text you and visit. but i cannot promise our relationship." he whispered.

i nodded again.

"goodbye." i said.

"goodbye olivia clarke." he said.

"liv!!" a voice called.

it was lexie, and she was running towards me with her arms open.

she slammed me into a big hug.

"i'll miss you so much oh my god." she said.

"i'll miss you too." i said, frowning as she pulled out of the hug.

"i can't believe you're moving back to san diego." she said.

"me neither." i mumbled.

i looked over her shoulder to see ryan standing there. he was actually crying, which made me cry.

i walked over to him and hugged him.

"oh ryan i'll miss you so much." i said as i released from the hug.

"i can't believe you're moving." he said through tears.

"me neither." i said.

i couldn't believe it, but it was true. i got in the car and off i went, back to my old house in san diego, back to the same place i grew up. the only thing different was that my dad was no longer there. he had a heart attack and doctor's couldn't save him. and neither could i.