TWO

📍shay's house

after unpacking everything for the 40th time, i headed over to shay's house. i knocked on her door.

i was expecting shay to answer but a girl with really dark hair and piercing blue eyes answered instead.

"hey?" she asked.

i looked her up and down, she was wearing super short shorts and a tank top and was giving me a confused look.

"is shay here?" i asked.

"oh yeah." she said, nodding and holding up her index finger at me, indicating to wait a second.

she turned around and ran into the house somewhere, she came back with shay, her hand grasped in shay's.

shay's eyes widened when she saw me. she dropped the girl's hand and whispered something to her. the girl then walked away and left shay and i there alone.

"what are you doing here?" shay asked.

"i moved back." i said.

"what?! why?" she asked.

"my dad died."

"i'm so sorry liv. how?"

"heart attack."

"i'm so so sorry."

"thanks. anywaysss who's the girl?"

"oh, that's just my friend."

"yeah? what's her name?"

"ali."

"nice."

"she has little sisters. maybe they can be friends with ella. they're her age."

"it's tough to be friends with ella."

"they'll definitely be perfect friends."

"well then i'll talk to ella."

"yeah you should go do that." shay said, raising an eyebrow at me and waving goodbye, then closing the door in my face.

i heard her feet running back to ali.

i walked home.

i walked inside the house to see ella laying on the dining room floor.

"what are you doing?" i asked.

"trying to find my earring." she said.

"your ears aren't pierced." i said, raising an eyebrow.

"yea it's a clip-on."

"i thought you gave up clip-ons for lent."

"fine. a boy gave it to me as a gift."

"omg!! you have a boyfrienddd aww."

"yeah, a stupid one."

"why do you say that?"

"because he gave me earrings and my ears aren't even pierced. like is he blind?!"

"anyways, there's like these girls your age on our block, maybe you'd be good friends with them."

"do they have a preppy tiktok account?"

"i don't know?! you ask them."

"what are their names?"

"i don't know."

"where do they live?"

"i don't know."

"if you don't know anything then why are you telling me about these girls?"

"i don't know."

"ugh you're annoying." ella said, getting up from the floor and pushing past me. she stopped at the front door, peering through the little window panes.

"what?" i asked her.

"i think i just found my new best friends!" she said, running outside.

i ran to the door, peeking out to see two blonde girls talking to ella. i smiled to myself, closing the front door and walking down the hall to my room.