chapter 20 | goodbye

MALIAS POV:

Rhea huffs, stomping down the stairs angrily with her three suitcases. Adrian comes up behind her, his eyes glued to her ass as he follows her downstairs.

She grumbles to herself, her sparkly converse thumping on the floor.

The girls stand in the entryway, all of us looking at her with sadness and excitement. We had kicked the guys out for ten minutes, all of us rambling on about their attraction to each other.

Clearly, there was an electric line of attraction between them, you could cut it with a damn butter knife. But Rhea ignored him for the most part, since she technically was dating Luca. But hopefully, moving in with him will be a good reason for her to step up to Luca finally.

Because I pray everyday that she leaves him.

Adrian guides her to his car, a black truck nearly twice the height of him. It was enormous, with silver rims and a shiny new paint job.

Seemed like it meant a lot to him.

The smell of leather and cigarettes filled the air as we helped put her bags into the truck. Rhea stood by me, twisting her necklace nervously.

I turn to her, giving her a sad smile before bringing her into a hug. The scent of jasmine and the forest filled my nose, her arms bringing a warmth no one could seem to match.

Even though she was not a hugger, in particular, she still gave hugs that were so warm.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Just because I'm staying somewhere else doesn't mean I won't be with you all." She whispers, sniffing slightly.

I nod, rubbing her back soothingly.

She says bye to the rest of the girls, a few tears here and there, before driving off.

The scent of gas fills the air, all of us looking at her driving away.

"She better give me my bikini back." Shyla mumbles.

_____________________________________

"There is no way I'm wearing that!" I hiss, tucking the skimpy clothes behind my back. Ruth rolls her eyes, her boots clicking on the floor as she works on her car. Her hair is tied up, showing her sharp jawline and gorgeous brows I wish I had.

She wears a simple white tank top, smeared with dirt, and low-waisted cargo pants. What she was giving me was her regular workout clothes, and they were not skimpy at all. To her.

I think the fuck they are. I mean, they show literally everything with a black sports bra and very short black tight shorts.

"Look, you either wear the dress you're wearing or that." She says, her accent showing. Ruth had a very dry sense of humor, as if her first language was sarcasm.

Pretty sure it was.

I mumble a quick 'fine' before making my way to the bathroom.

It took be fucking ten years to put the shit on, since having an ass and decently sized boobs was a struggle. The whole outfit showed off my long torso and even longer legs, which I inherited from my father.

Whoever the fuck he is.

I walk out, crossing my hands over my chest as I look around nervously. Ruth looks up, her eyes widening as she takes me in.

She raises her eyebrows, hitting one of her cars tools in the middle of her palm. "All that under there?" She teases.

I give her a glare, tightening the ponytail in my hair. She chuckles, walking like a damn model as she comes up to me. She rips my hands from my chest, tilting her head to the side. "Don't hide anything, you're built like a bad bitch." She says with a smile.

For some reason, she gives me a type of confidence that makes me feel as if I'm on top of the world.

Like no one can make me think bad about myself, and that no one else's opinion matters.

I hadn't felt like that in years, insecurities ruined my mind with negative thoughts. But now, it's almost like those negative thoughts have dissolved like a vapor of air.

Now I know where Kade got that from.

"Alright," She sighs, flipping a towel across her shoulder as she makes her way to the workout area. We were in a huge garage, filled with cars and tools. But she also had a section for working out, with advanced equipment and a boxing ring.

So that's why she's built like a model.

"Time to get started, and oh, you might want to take off your jewelry." She says, stretching her arms backwards.

"Last time a girl wore those types of earrings, they tore through her ears." She chuckles.