Chapter 3

General POV

When Malcolm came around the next time, his dad was no longer in the room. No sound of him in the bathroom either.

As Malcolm shook the groggy feeling from his brain, he scanned the room to assess the situation he has found himself in. He was tied to a chair with almost no wiggle room.

Looking across the room, he saw the motel room phone. If he could get out of the restraints and reach the phone and call Gil, he would be saved and his father would be locked back up.

Before he had a chance to create and put forth the motion of a plan, the front door unlocks and in walks the older Whitly.

He set his supplies down and smiles at his son.

"Malcolm. So nice to see you awake. I got a few supplies while we are here. I got some food and some clothes as well as a few... other things."

The way he said those words didn't sit right with Malcolm. Martin began unloading the bag and laying them on the bed for him to see.

Inside the bag were various items of microwaveable meals and canned food as well as toddler shoes and articles of clothing. This made Malcolm even more confused.

The look of confusion was evident on his face as his dad turned around.

"My boy. Such a smart boy. Just like me. My prodigy...." Martin trailed off as he remembered the good days of the father son bonding times.

"Dr. Whitly, what is with all the kid stuff?"

No response was given. Instead, his dad grinned at him and reached into his pocket. He pulled out the vial of liquid he had earlier and his grin grew.

Unease coursed through Malcolm as his dad got closer with the vial. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a needle.

Instantly, Malcolm started kicking his feet and struggling hard against his bindings. So hard that his skin was peeling away at the friction he was creating.

No use. He was stuck.

He dad got within reaching distance and got the dose ready. He very carefully lined up the liquid to the line of the needle and turned his gaze back to his son.

"My boy, those clothes are for you."

A quick movement from the older man, the needle was embedded in Malcolm's arm and the contents flooded his blood stream. It burned like lava. An involuntary gasp from the pain fell from his lips as his consciousness slipped away.

The last words he heard as he closed his eyes were "my boy. We will be together soon."