Halfie and Sunny

"DIE!"

Katsuki pointed his gun at Denki's face. His water gun, that is. He pulled the trigger and a large amount of water shot toward his friend like a geyser. Denki let out a half shriek, half giggle as he fired right back at Katsuki with his own Super Soaker.

Eijiro and Hanta sprinted down the driveway, Hanta chasing Eijiro and dousing his back with water. Eijiro ran past Katsuki and Denki and headed for the faucet on the side of Katsuki's house.

"Shoot them, not me!" he said. "I need to refuel!"

But then, all three boys pointed their water guns at Eijiro and fired. Not that he wasn't wet already (they had been playing for the last thirty minutes), but now he was drenched. His black bangs stuck to his forehead as bits of water got in his mouth. For the entire time Eijiro refilled his water gun, neither Katsuki, Denki, nor Hanta let up on him even a little.

It was the perfect activity for a hot Saturday in June. Going swimming was fun, but Katsuki preferred having water gun and water balloon fights with his friends, and neither of those were permitted at their community pool. The Bakugou family also had a slip and slide in their backyard, which the boys utilized earlier today. The only downside to spending the day at his house was Mitsuki popping outside every so often to remind the boys to apply more sunscreen.

Eijiro, now with a full tank, showed no mercy as he whipped his soaker back and forth, ensuring he hit all three of his attackers. Katsuki jumped ship and joined Eijiro's side, turning this into a proper two versus two battle.

Their fight only stopped once a car pulled into the driveway. Katsuki recognized it as Rei's minivan and stood on his family's half of the driveway awkwardly. Ever since the night Shouto yelled at him and stormed out of his bedroom, he kept his distance from the Todorokis. None of them brought it up to him, though he figured Shouto must have told them at least in some detail. Which was fine, seeing as he already got multiple lectures from Mitsuki after Shouto rushed out of their house full of tears.

The only thing more awkward than Rei's car momentarily interrupting their water gun fight was when both Rei and Shouto piled out of the car, both carrying shopping bags. Katsuki avoided eye contact with the boy, pretending he found something interesting on the ground. However, since he hadn't informed his friends on what went down between the two of them, all three were oblivious to any sort of tension.

"Hey Shouto!" Denki said.

Shouto gave a weak smile. "Hi."

"Do you want to join our water gun fight? Katsuki has an extra if you don't have one."

Shouto quickly glanced at Katsuki, then immediately looked away. "Um, that's okay. I'm not feeling so well. I think I need to lie down."

Eijiro flashed his signature smile. "Well if you feel better, you should join us!"

"Yeah," Shouto replied, tilting his head down. "Okay."

With that, he followed his mother into their house, not looking back. When they were gone, Hanta slumped where he stood.

"How come he never wants to hang out with us anymore?"

"Maybe he's still mad at me for beating his Rayquaza with a Raichu," Denki said.

Eijiro didn't appear convinced. "That was over a week ago."

"So?" Denki answered with a frown. "It was a Rayquaza!"

Katsuki groaned. "Hey, can we just go back to what we were doing? If Shouto doesn't want to join us, he doesn't have to."

"Sure," Hanta said, "but it'd still be nice to know what his deal is."