5

'Where

'Where..' you opened your eyes to feel yourself being carried somewhere. Everything was blurry. Like when you just wake up, but worse. You got thrown down onto something soft. You couldn't move. Your head was pounding. The person left and came back with someone else. You couldn't really tell who he was from your blurry vision, but they was wearing a white and blue shirt. Just like the one Finney had on. Your vision started to clear up.

It was Finney.

He threw him on the mattress next to you.

"My fucking arm. I should snap your neck for what you did to my arm." He said.

Your vision was back clearly as you watched the grabber stand in front of you and Finney. You sat up. "Why." you said quietly. You heard shuffling beside you. You turned your aching head to look. "Finney" You said. Your voice came out as a whisper. The grabber was leaning close to yours and Finney's face. Your breathing hitched as you looked over. His mask. It was more than it was when he kidnapped you. You couldn't even see his eyes. He brought his arm up. Showing a huge cut going down his arm. He touched it a couple times. "Jesus. It's covered in blood." He said looking at Finney. "It's like I killed someone." He said, turning his head to look at you.

"You see that?" he asked looking back at Finney. After a second the grabber waved his hand in front of Finney's face as he just stared. "You're lucky you can see shit" he said, still waving his hand in front of his face. "I know you both are scared." he said. Looking between you and Finney. "But.. I'm not gonna hurt you anymore." he said, getting close to your face. Your heart was going a million miles a second. You could hear your heartbeat in your ears. You were breathing heavily. He could probably hear your heartbeat.

"What I said about snapping your neck." he said leaning back and looking at the scared boy next to you. He paused. "I was just angry. I mean you did a number on my arm." He said, showing us his arm again. "But don't hold it against me." He said leaning closer to Finney. "But I guess you already are." He said, messing with his hair. "You don't have to be scared." he paused. "Because nothing bad is going to happen here. With that I give my word Johnny." looking at you he put a hand on your cheek. "I promise." He said taking his hand back and putting his pointer finger and middle finger together. "You like soda?" he asked as he poked your chest. "Hm?" he said looking at Finney. "I'll tell you what. I'll go get you both a soda. And then-" He whipped his head around looking at the door. He then looked back at you two. "Is that the phone?" he questioned. "You hear it ring?" he asked. "I'm gonna go see who it is." He said leaning closer to both of you. "Then I'll get you two a soda. Then I'll come back and explain everything." He said moving a piece of hair out of your face.  He got up and walked towards the door. He pulled the door to shut it. It made a loud creaking noise as it was pulled. A loud lock noise was heard and the lights shut off. You grabbed the sheet that was on the mattress. And looked around the room. There was nothing. It was empty. Walls with a gray rusted color was covered on the walls. "Maya?" you looked over towards Finney. "Finney." the way that his name came out, it was like a sob. But a smile covered your face. Arms wrapped around your shoulders. "I thought I lost you." He said as he put his head in your hair. "Me to" You said, wrapping your arms around him. "I thought you wouldn't show up." you said with a small dry laugh. You were referring to when you were waiting for him. "I'm sorry" he said as he pulled away from the hug. You put your hands in your lap as he swung his legs over the side of the mattress. You saw his pen. It was gripped in his hand. It had dry blood on it. He got up and walked over to the door trying to get it opened. You slowly stood up. You looked around the room. Next to the mattress was a phone.

A black phone.

Finney had walked into a room. You followed him. There was a toilet and it looked like carpet. Rolls of carpet next to it. A small light hung above the small room. "Gross.." you said. Finney turned around, grabbing your hand as he walked out. He walked halfway across the room. Then he stopped. He gripped your hand tighter as he slowly walked over to it. He took the phone with his free hand and put it up to his ear. You hit the thing where it would hang up the call a couple times. (I don't know the parts of these types of phones) You both looked down.

The cord was cut.

Finney slowly put the phone back. He slowly walked back over to the mattress. He sat down on it. You sitting next to him. He slowly put his head on your shoulder. You leaned your head on his. He closed his eyes. He started to lean back. Making you go with him. Your body felt so weak you could barely hold yourself up. You softly fell on your back. Finney put his head back on your shoulder. You leaned into him. Resting your head on his. You closed your eyes.

Your hand never leaving the his.

"Gwen, your dads on the phone." Suzie's mom said. Gwen stood up and took the phone from her. "Hi daddy." She said. "No I haven't. I haven't seen him sense school. The same with Maya." Her eyes widened. She quickly ran out the door running down the street.

word count - 1022