7

HOLY CRAP!! Thank you so much for 1.21k reads. that means so much to me. i'm gonna be trying to get more chapters out. again thank you so much!!<33

Finney slowly opened his eyes

Finney slowly opened his eyes. His vision was all blurry. He was looking at the phone.

RING

"Stop it." He said sitting up. You were still sleeping next to him.

"Stop what?"

Finney quickly shot back. His sudden move moments made you sit up. Finney grabbed you, pulling you to his side. "Wha-" You cut yourself off looking at the corner of the room. He was sitting there. Watching. Watching both of you as you slept. He was only wearing the bottom half of his mask. His face looked weird to you. You felt like you've seen him somewhere.

"Hungry." Finney said. "We need food."

"How are your eyes?" the man asked.

"Better." Finney said keeping it short. He looked over at you. "And you?" "Fine." You said. The man put his hands together. Holding a moment of silence. Then he stood up. "I can't get you two anything to eat." You were starving. "You'll have to wait." He said walking in front of the mattress. "Is there someone upstairs that will see you bring us food?" Finney asked. "Don't you worry about that." He said walking over to the door. "If you weren't gonna feed us then why did you come down here?" you said, you were starting to get angry. You weren't going to play this stuipd game he was doing.

"Just to look at both of you."

You felt sick to your stomach. "I just wanted to look at you." He looked at you.

You brought your hand up to your mouth. You felt like you were going to be sick. Finney looked at the man. Glaring daggers at him. Finney pushed you behind him as best as he could. The door shut. The lights went off. You grabbed Finney's dirty shirt. Your stomach twisted. "Maya are you ok?" Finney asked, turning around to face you. "I'm good." You said, taking your hands away from his shirt and putting them in your lap. "Are you sure?" he asked, taking your hands. You looked at him and gave him a small smile.

"I'm ok."

RING

You immediately shot up. Finney doing the same next to you. He moved backwards, almost falling off of the mattress.

RING

You and Finney shared a look. He slowly got up. You following his actions. Finney slowly grabbed the phone holding it up to his ear.

"Hello? Is somebody there? We need help." Finney said, turning to face you.

The sound of stadic was heard on the other side. "Hello?" Finney said again. This time more quiet. The sound of something on the other side. It was all distorted. And loud. Finney quickly hung up the phone. Walking backwards, grabbing you. Bringing both of you away from the phone. You both breathed heavily. Finney kept walking back, falling down in the process, pulling you down with him. He backed up until he hit the wall. You backed up until you felt something wrap its arms around you. You knew it was Finney by his heavy breaths.

RING

Your breath got caught in your throat.

RING

Finney took his arms away from you as you both stood up.

RING

Finney quickly walked over to the phone. You walked after him slowly. Finney took the phone and hung it up. You stopped behind him. He walked back to be at your side.

RINGGG

The phone rang. This time there was no silent period. It just kept ringing. Finney picked up the phone, turning to you so you could hear. Again static filled the other side.

"Don't hang up"

Your breath hitched. So did Finneys.

"Who is this?" Finney asked making eye contact with you.

"I don't remember my name"
The person spoke.

"Why not?" Finney asked.

"First thing to lose." the person said.

"First thing you lose when?" you asked, stepping closer to Finney.

"You know Fin."

"How do you know my name?" Finney asked.

"We met once. Your arm is a mint. You almost had me."

Finney turned to the side. "Bruce."

"Yeah. Bruce. I'm Bruce."

He seemed hesitant. Like he didn't believe that was his name.

"Your arm is a mint. You almost had me."

"Did the phone ring for you?" Finney asked him.

"It rang, because I was afraid. Just you two. The grabber hears the phone two. But he doesn't want to believe it."

He was starting to not make sense.

"Why are you calling us."

"Your arm is a mint. You almost had me. I'm glad it's you two. Finney?"

Finney turned to look at you. You had fear written all over you face as you looked at him.

"Yeah?"

"There's a loose tile in the floor of the hallway."

"Ok."

"Dig down under the foundation. I tried but there wasn't enough time for me to dig up the other side."

"Didn't have enough time?"

The phone clicked. Bruce had hung up.

"Hello?" Finney said. "Burce?" "Bruce!"

Silence.

Finney hung up the phone.

Finney grunted as he tried to open the door. You next to him scared out of your mind as tears fell from your eyes. Finney beat his shoulder against the door. Trying to get it to open. Finney started banging on the door. "HELPP!" He yelled. Hitting the door over and over again. You banged your fists against the door. Sobbing as you screamed for help. Then suddenly something grabbed you. "Finney!" You screamed. "Maya!" He yelled running away from the door. Gwen sat up in bed. Heart racing. Her clothes were drenched with sweat. Finney's scream for you lingered in her head.

She got on her bike and road down the road turning a corner.

Trying to find you both.

word count - 977