My Queen

You had gotten so caught up in watching TikTok that you didn't hear Arny end his stream. He got up from his desk and sat next to you on his bed, pushing your phone down, making you look at him. He smiled at you, and you whined. "Babe, what is it?" You pouted as you got up and took a small sip of the tea you had been sipping for the past hour. "It's the 14th, you know what that means." He looks at you with a smile that could light up the entire world. You looked at him with a puzzled look, but that look soon turned into a smile.

"It's date night." You spoke. He smiled at you and looked you up and down a few times, causing you to blush. "Yes, now go get ready, love. I'll meet you downstairs at 6:30." Biting your lip, you rushed to your room and picked out a dress that you thought would be cute. You decided on a nice light pink dress that came just above your knees, it had spaghetti straps and was perfect for a date night. Your best friend gave it to you as a 1-year anniversary gift of you and Arny being a couple. You decided to pair the dress with some sneakers, as you didn't really like dressing up classy.

Soon, as time had passed, and it was finally around 6:30, you headed downstairs to see Arny slouching on the couch in a tuxedo watching TikTok. "I'm ready to go, babe." You said as you walked up to him. He looked up from his phone, admiring your beauty. "My love, you look gorgeous!" He stood up and brushed himself off, kissing the top of your head and heading to the front door of your apartment to open it up for you. "Ladies first." he winked at you. "I'm going to treat you like the queen you are." You slightly giggle and walk through the open door.

An old couple walks past you both in the hallway as Arny's locking the apartment door. "Date night?" The woman asks, and they both stop for Arny to turn around. He pulls you close to him and you both start walking down the hallway with the old couple. The woman was linking arms with her husband. "Yes, ma'am, I'm taking my queen out for dinner tonight." Arny replies, giving you a quick peck on your cheek. "Gotta treat them right to keep them, am I right, son?" The man winks at Arny. "Yes, sir." He smiles as his hand intertwines with yours.

"I remember my first date night," The man says, sighing in awe. "It seems just like yesterday that I took you to that little cafe down the street. I was so nervous; I almost drove by your house on accident when I was on my way to pick you up." The woman laughed. "I remember, darling. When we did go on that date, though, I didn't want to leave." He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Neither did I." Arny and I smiled at the couple. "How long have you both been married for?" You ask. The man smiles at his wife, and then looks back at you with the same smile spread across his face. "63 years." His wife looks at her husband in awe. "And it's been the best 63 years of my life." She speaks. "I wouldn't change it for a thing."

You look at Arny, who's already looking at you with love-filled eyes. "Do you think we'll make it that long?" I asked. He laughs. "Love, I don't think, I know." He smiles down at you and kisses you passionately, breaking apart as you get to the parking lot. "You two have fun on your date!" The woman tells you both. "Remember to treat her right." The man says as he opens the car door for his wife. "I always do, sir." He smiles, putting an arm around you and your hands intertwine again.

Arny opens the car door for you when you go to get in. He closes it behind you and gets in the driver side, making sure you're buckled up before buckling up himself and putting the car in drive. "I don't want my queen getting hurt, I don't even want a scratch on her." He smiles. "Oh no, what a tragedy it'd be if I had a little bruise on me." You say sarcastically, laughing and rolling your eyes at him. "I know, right?! It'd be really bad." He replies.

When you get to the restaurant, he opens every door for you and even pulls your chair out for you. You find it really sweet that he's being such a gentleman towards you. "Hi, what can I get you two to drink to get you started?" The waitress asks, smiling at you both. "We'll both get a glass of white wine, please." Arny says. He knows that's your favorite thing to drink on date night, and he's also grown to love it as much as you. "Okay! Here are the menus, I'll be right back with those drinks." She says as she hands you both a menu. "Thank you!" You say, looking down at the menu as she walks away.

- Time Skip -

The rest of the night way great, Arny was such a gentleman and didn't even let you pay for your half of the check. You tried to protest, but he never listens. You find it cute, and you always thank him for paying. "What did I say when we first met? I'm going to treat you like the queen you are." He responds. You smile and he pulls your chair out for you as you get up to leave. The car ride home was nice, listening to the Spotify playlist that you had both created. Before you were both in a serious relationship, you had no idea that each other's music taste was amazing. Making the perfect playlist was no big deal.

As Arny parked the car in the parking lot of the apartment complex, he turned it off and you both sat there in the dark, the streetlights being the only thing preventing it from being pitch black. It was peaceful and just a complete vibe. Arny looked at you just as he had shut the car off. "Did you enjoy our night out, love?" He asked. "Of course, I did, Hun. It was really nice, and I felt like royalty." "I would hope so," Arny said. "Only royalty deserves the best." You smiled in satisfaction and kissed him. "I'm so glad you're my king."

Word Count: 1,121

This story has been proof-read!