(I Want) To Share Your Mouthful

(I Want) To Share Your Mouthful (ao3)

By, pinqhuska

Summary:

college!au where harry and louis have been best friends forever but have only recently started to experiment.

Words: 6029

•••••

Neither of them planned for it to happen. It just kind of, did, and suddenly Louis was straddling Harry's lap, their mouths working feverishly on each other's lips and hands wandering to places where they'd never been before. Both of their breathing was getting ragged, the temperature in the room having risen significantly in solely five minutes of mouth-on-mouth, and Louis swore he could see stars when he felt the bulge in the front of Harry's jeans against his own.

It was when Harry leaned to nibble the skin right behind Louis' ear that Louis finally realized what they were doing, and with a sharp gasp due to both lust and shock, he jolted away from Harry in one smooth movement.

It shouldn't have been a big thing. It was bound to happen at one point, since it had been four months since they had kissed for the first time, and four years since it was clear they were best friends. Everything had just escalated so quickly, after they had gotten used to discussing everything carefully, before throwing themselves into anything crazy. Louis wasn't going to make an exception on this of all things. He was sure Harry didn't want that, either - they had just both got caught in the moment for a little too long.

They were now sitting on the bed next to each other, Harry's back against the wall and Louis on his knees, angled towards Harry, and their chests kept rising up and down heavily. From the corner of his eye Louis could see Harry glancing at him a sometimes, but Louis avoided his eyes. It was awkward, and to be honest, Louis felt a tiny bit embarrassed. Luckily for him, he could sense Harry was, too.

It was weird, because they were best friends. They talked about everything, they were comfortable with each other, and most importantly, they trusted each other. Yet there they were, tense and flustered and unsure, how to provoke the conversation that needed to be had.

"I'm, uh, sorry," Harry croaked out, then coughed to clear out his worn out voice.

Louis looked at him, and Harry looked up cautiously, almost like a puppy that thought he'd done something wrong.

"No, no," Louis rushed to say, "You didn't do anything wrong. It's just-"

"Too quick," Harry stated, tone implying he thought the same way, and guessed Louis did too.

"Yeah," Louis sighed, glad Harry understood - of course he did. He flashed Harry a shy smile, which the other returned.

And that was it, for then.

***

As soon as they had stepped out of Harry's car, they joined hands - so that the tattoos spelling hi and oops lined up, a pair of tattoos Harry had wanted them to get even before they'd discovered their love for each other, that bloody sap - and walked hand in hand all the way from the parking site to school. It was just like any other day. They found their friends to spend the twenty minutes before class with, never leaving the other's side. They were a normal couple.

Yet for some reason, others made gagging sounds any time they came near them.

In Louis' opinion, their friends' reactions were unreasonable. It wasn't as if they were one of those couples who had their tongues down each other's throats every ten minutes. Maybe Louis liked to sit in Harry's lap at lunch and Harry would kiss Louis' forehead from time to time, but come on, it wasn't as terrible as people pretended.