Chapter 6

I arrived back at the castle and took Skyla to her pen and untacked her and gave her dinner and went up to my room. I checked the time it was 6:40 my family would be eating dinner; I was too embarrassed to go down and face my parents so I had a shower and did my night routine and kept an ear out for my parents or for Oliver I didn't really feel like talking to my family about today because I'm not a very confrontational person, so I got ready for bed and started reading. I was reading for what felt a few seconds which was actually 45 minutes is when I started to hear voices and footsteps coming close to my door. I pretended to be asleep in case one of them happens to come in. "Alright she is in her room, I will see her now thank you." My father slowly comes in and softly repeats my name a few times and comes to the realisation I'm probably asleep. He comes to my bed and huffs sitting down. "Estella, you truly are something else sometimes" he said with a slight giggle. "I hope one day you'll realise that me and your mother are trying to do what is best for you." And like that he kissed my head and left while I was left upset and slowly falling into the comfort of the darkness that was a peaceful sleep.

" And like that he kissed my head and left while I was left upset and slowly falling into the comfort of the darkness that was a peaceful sleep

(A/N: Yes same as before I cant be bothered to find a better one also it would be strange if I changed it.)

I woke up feeling guilty and with the weight of the world after what my father said to me I knew I had to apologise to my mother and him. So, I went down for breakfast to greet them and apologise with the upmost sincerity I could muster. My mother and father forgave me and gave quick 'should we ask now?' glances to each other and I knew there was no escaping the topic of the social season especially with my governess whom was sitting in the corner giving me the most unsympathetic look you could ever give.

Wc: 341