CHAPTER FOUR: DEAR BILLY

"It was here." Max waved her flash around in a panic as she stared at the blank wall. "Right here!"

"A...grandfather clock?" Nancy asked, earning a nod from Max as she raised her own eyebrows.

"It was so real. And then when I got closer suddenly I just...I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance." Mike informed the others, his voice growing louder."L-Like what Eddie said happened to Chrissy, it was like that."

River stared at Max's back, until the red headed girl had turned, her frown apparent. "That's not even the worst part." The girl had gulped, and she looked to everyone.

Once being back into Ms. Kelley's office. Max was quick to fill everyone in right away. "Fred and Chrissy. They both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that just wouldn't go away. And then.. then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things, from their pasts."

She was mustering up the strength to let out every word she had to. Because what she was saying terrified her, it worried her.

"These visions, they just. They kept on getting worse, and worse until eventually...everything ended." She looked down, and away from the others before Robin had been to one to speak, perking up.

"Vecna's curse."

"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's six days ago...I've been having them for five days." Max revealed, and River looked up quickly, her eyes slightly widened, her mouth parting. "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so..."

Max had thrown her hand up, and she cried. Her breaths were shaky, and she stared ahead. "Looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

The sound of someone out there in the hallways running had interrupted the talk between all, and everyone had either jumped or turned.

Steve slowly looked back, and he stared for a minute before looking to the rest, "Stay here." He whispered, grabbing a light and walking out.

No one really listened anyways, River had walked out following him, causing Mike to follow, then after that everyone had gone.

It was quiet and they took light steps, their eyes searching the hallway. It was empty though, from what it seemed. The lights off, no movement, no anything. Mike gulped as he looked around, and his eyes flickered down to River's wrist. Her bracelets were hanging down, and he saw the red marks still there.

They were vibrant, vibrant just like the day she got them, and he didn't know why.

After a few seconds of silence, footsteps approached, fast ones and they didn't stop until Lucas ran up, causing Steve to scream and everyone else to jump.

Lucas screamed loudly just as everyone else did, and he held his hands up, panting heavily, "Its me! It's me."

"Lucas?!" Dustin, Mike, and River all questioned in unison as they stepped forward, taking notice to the fact that it wasn't anything bad, it was their best friend.

"Jesus what's wrong with you, Sinclair?! I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve did a jump as he yelled, scolding Lucas. He gestured to the lamp with a sigh, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, I was..I was biking for eight miles." He took short breaths and grunted before he continued "Give me one second....Shit. We've got a code red."