001

With one last push, an ear-piercing scream shook the hospital building. Nobody spoke as they stared at this baby as it continued to scream its lungs out.

"Zeus!" The woman hissed, although she shouldn't have been able to have the energy to even speak, much less sound aggressive.

Nobody answered the woman, which made her rage with anger. Looking down at the baby in her hands, she glared at it.

She was about to toss it out when the baby opened her eyes.

They were brown, just like her mother's.

xxx

"Dad, do I really have to do this? Can't I just stay at home?" Begged 12-year-old Adriana Francis as she poked her meatballs.

Her father looked up from his paper, pushed his glasses, and said shortly, "Yes to the first question and no to the request."

Adriana scowled as she turned hopefully to her mother with her puppy eyes, "Mom?"

Her mom looked at her with concern and the slightest bit of empathy, "Ana dear...we've discussed about this before..."

"What use is there getting me into a new school if I'll eventually get kicked out!" She cried, furiously waving her arms that were sprawled out in the air. "I'm obviously just dumb."

Her dad sighed as he put his paper down.

"Ana, I know this is hard, but...just try your best okay? And don't you ever say that, promise me."

She grumbled indignantly, "I do try very hard every year alright, but the thing is, trouble always finds me, and not the other way around."

Her mom stretched out her arm to put her hand on Adriana's, "Ana, we know, but sometimes, life is just unfair, and the only thing we can do is face them bravely."

Adriana scowled and didn't look impressed, "That's what you two always say, nothing ever changes."

"Just, keep your head up, and as always, try your best okay? We love you," Her mother said finally as she went to grab her car keys. Adriana groaned again and buried her face in her arms.

Her mom and dad have always emphasized how much they loved her, and Adriana could honestly can feel that it was true, but sometimes, she just wished she was more 'perfect'. She hated how she had ADHD and constantly moved in her seat and would always get called out for doing so, or how sometimes letters would float around in her brain, causing her huge headaches.

But most of all, and weirdest of all, was that whenever she was in a fit or felt anxious or mad, a tingly sensation would stir at the tips of her fingers. The tingly feeling felt exactly like the times in Autumn when one can feel static electricity when touching literally anything.

Her mum had told her not to worry about it, and her dad told her it was part of her ADHD.

Adriana didn't believe a word of that.

She wasn't stupid and most certainly knew how to use the internet. And none of the previous cases of ADHD contained an "itchy electric feeling."

But she had learned not to overthink. It was not like she was going to get any answers.

"I'm sick of getting kicked out every half a year," she huffed as her mother gently took her hand and led her out of the house.

"Ana," her mom chided, "stop complaining please."