Ch. 6

A/N: i would like to note that i realize the music would not work without wifi so ignore that ok that's all hope you enjoy!

Y/n's POV:

The sun poking through the blinds on the window warmed y/n's face and convinced her to wake up. She was cozy in bed and the last thing she wanted was to get up, but the sound of people moving around the house kept her from falling back asleep, try as she might. From her room she could hear voices chattering, likely eating breakfast. Sitting up in bed, she rubbed her eyes and began to recall the events of the previous day. As vivid as her memories were, she had a hard time believing they were anything more than memories of some strange dream. But when she finally opened her eyes and looked around, the unfamiliar surroundings reminded her that it was all very much real. Glancing at the clock that sat on the shelf, she became aware of two things: it was 8:45a.m. and Tom was nowhere to be seen. Figuring it was probably already passed time for school to start, her confusion dissapated. Soon it was replaced with thoughts of how to spend the day alone in the room. Maybe she'd try to find some cloth and dust a bit? Then after that perhaps she'd pick a book from the shelf (she considered herself very lucky it was so packed with nicknacks) and spend some time reading? As she continued brainstorming, slowly the doorhandle began to turn. She didn't have enough time to hide before it opened and revealed a disheveled Tom peaking in with one hand over his eyes.

"Hey, are ya decent?" He whisper-yelled. As he stood there, his hair was very much not brushed, the button-down he had over his t-shirt was falling off of one shoulder, and his shoes were untied.

"Uh, yeah, but are you good?" Y/n asked, matching his volume, "No offense Tom, but you look like you just came out of a hurricane." Seeming to understand what she meant, he nodded his head quickly and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I was in a bit of a rush to get back here," he replied, his tone easing into teasing and a smirk appearing on his features.

"Ok then, why were you in such a rush? And why are we whispering?" She continued to question. He stepped in the room and closed the door behind him carefully, as if preparing to share his deepest, darkest secrets with her. Stepping gingerly across the creaky floorboards, he took his seat on the bed next to y/n. All the while, his smirk turned into a cocky smile.

"I thought it'd more interesting that way. And, well, if you really hafta know," he said, "I'm skipping school right now."

"I know, Tom," she began to return his smile, "it's almost 9."

"Oh," he said, looking first at the clock and then down at his feet before mumbling something under his breath.

"Well, uh," y/n continued, "is there a reason you're skipping?"

"Oh yeah, uh I want to know why you didn't know what year it was yesterday."

"Well I don't know the answer to that either. I thought it was 2022."

"I- well I did tell you it's not."

"Yeah I know. And I believe you, too. I mean, you wouldn't be here if it was," she laughed. Tom didn't seem to get the joke.

"No but, there's gotta be a reason," he sighed, "Look I don't wanna start saying anyone needs to get their head checked or anything, but 2022? It's just a bit of a stretch y'know?" Y/n understood what he meant. If she had been in his position, she would have felt the same. She moved her gaze away from Tom, the questions in his eyes keeping her from organizing her own thoughts. Why did he have to be so goddamn distracting?

"I know, I get what you mean," she said, pausing before she continued, "But I know that I'm not going crazy."

"Hey now I never said you were!" He said, raising his hands.

Y/N laughed, "I wish I could just prove it to you somehow."

"That'd be nice, that's for sure."

"Well," y/n glanced at her phone, "now that I think about it, maybe I can." Tom watched as she tapped and swiped at the device, making the display show all sorts of different things. Soon enough, he recognized the faces of the Beatles.

"So if it's '66 now, then I'll bet you've never heard this one!" She said with a proud smile as music began to come out from her device. Tom was shocked. It certainly sounded like the Beatles, he knew that much. But the song was completely unfamiliar to him.

"What...what song is this?" He asked tentatively.

"This is 'A Day in the Life' from Sgt. pepper," Y/N answered.

"Oh, I thought it was the Beatles."

"It is! This album isn't out yet for you, but I thought maybe that might prove I'm from later on." Tom couldn't argue with her logic, it seemed straightforward enough. Now came the hard part: what to do with a time traveler?

Y/N seemed to read his mind, "I know, now you see why I've been so confused." Tom just nodded, still processing everything. A million questions were racing through his mind, too fast for him to catch. Suddenly one thought become clear to him. "Does she know about my future? The band's future?" He was dying to ask, so he did.

"Well, since you know more about the future than I do..." He started.

"Tom I think I see where this is going-"

"What happens to me?"

"Tom-"

"Do I make it?"

"Tom I can't just-"

"Please? What about my band?"