A Tribute from Milofitia

If you're reading this, it means that you know of the news. It means you've seen the video posted on Technoblade's channel on the 1st of July, 2022. It means you've watched the video through. 

Technoblade was a legend. He was such an amazing person, and even during his updates on it he stayed witty and funny. I never met him personally. I never will. But I can say for certain he was an amazing man. He fought cancer to the end, and stayed so brave throughout it all. He took his misery and made it into joy for others by donating to cancer research. 

I heard of the news first from an announcement from someone I follow on here. I went to YouTube, and watched the video to the halfway point. It didn't feel real. Like a cloud had passed over the world, obscuring reality. Then, when my sister came in and talked to me about it, it was like that cloud faded slightly. It felt more real. A friend of mine talked to me about it, too, and it felt so much more real. It felt like I'd been shot, and adrenaline had taken over, hiding reality and obscuring the truth. It was only when I came home and watched it fully that it really hit me. 

Technoblade, the one who's done so much for his community, is gone. He's really gone. And there's nothing I can do to mourn him. 

But then it hit me. I can mourn him. I can, even for one small, glorious moment, light up his legacy. Light up the spot in the world he stood, light up his role. I can bring him alive one more time, back only in the form of a few paragraphs of text, yes, but I can still bring him alive. And I will.

~Milofitia

Wattpad user: @Milofitia