44

44
Narration
__________

"Are you okay?"

Keith, who's sitting beside Fern, raised his head to look at the man before answering. They're inside an animal clinic and currently on queue for Akirn's check-up.

"Okay lang," Keith nodded.

"Nagugutom ka na ba? Gusto mo ba ng tubig? Sorry, mukhang matatagalan pa kasi maraming appointment si Doc," said Fern.

Keith couldn't stop his heart from skipping a beat because of the feeling overwhelming him. Since then, even just a glimpse of Fern, makes him blush and giddy. Now that they're conversing and Fern's showing him signs of interest, Keith couldn't control himself. Alam niya na may posibilidad na masaktan siya but he still wanted to take the risk. Love, afterall, is about taking risk, right?

"Gusto ko sana ng banana milk, Kuya Fern. Iyong nasa box," ani Keith.

"Okay, bibili ako sa labas. Bantayan mo muna si Akirn?"

"Sige po."

Keith, while holding Akirn on his arm at the same time running his fingers on the cat's fur, watched Fern walked out the clinic to buy him his banana milk. When the man's out of sight already, Keith focused his attention to the cat he's holding.

"Akirn, bakit Akirn ang pangalan mo?" he asked as if the cat would understand and answer him. "Gusto mo ba palitan natin? Kith or Kit. How about Ace?" Keith stared at the cat who's sleeping comfortably on his lap, head's resting on his hand lowered down intentionally.

Keith sighed and chuckled by himself right after. Natatanga na yata siya para kausapin ang pusa. He sounds petty to be bothered by the origin of the cat's name. Ang immature.

He was petting Akirn, silently waiting for Fern to come back, when a man familiar to him, approached him and greeted him.

"Keith?" Keith raised his head to see who called him. He was met with a man, hair tied into a half ponytail, while the other half's flowing pretty on his shoulder. May lalaki rin sa likod nito na pamilyar din sa kanya, may kargo itong isang corgi.

"Kuya Arkin," bati ni Keith. "Hello po."

For some reason, Keith couldn't help but to stare at Arkin. For a man, he's really pretty especially because of his long hair. He has this intimidating and elegant aura. When he move, he moves with grace and confidence. Something that is a total opposite of Keith, he thought.

"Mag-isa ka lang?"

"Hindi po, Kuya Arkin," Keith shook his head and slightly smiled. Despite the fact that Arkin's Fern's ex, the man who he is inlove with, Keith couldn't bring himself to hate the man in front of him and that's so frustrating to feel.

Arkin's kind. It is in his nature to be so kind and sincere. When they were playing the game, Arkin was patient and gives effort to connect to them even though they just met that the same night. Keith couldn't find anything to hate about him. He even found reasons why Fern's head over heels to Arkin. Because who wouldn't? Right?

"Okay—Ah, by the way, this is Kenrick. Boyfriend ko. Ricky, this is Keith. Nakalaro ko siya dati sa valo, I told you about him before," pakilala ni Arkin sa lalaking kasama niya.

"Jaxon's cousin, right? Yeah, I remember."

Keith, even though a little shock, managed to receive Kenrick's hand and nodded at him. He didn't know that Arkin's already in a relationship. He thought, does Fern know about this already?