89

89
Narration
_______________

Keith, as the only child, has been receiving nothing but love and care from his family. He has never been engaged into violence and has never saw live bruises until Jaxon a while ago.

Precious said that Fern's state is worse that Jaxon's. Keith couldn't imagine so he rushed to see the man after making Greed drive for him (which Jaxon didn't agree at first but could not fight against his kind cousin that's clearly angry with him right now so he just tagged along).

Keith went straight to the room which Hasper pointed. It's only Hasper and Precious on the living room, Kio and his boyfriend Archer already left.

After opening the door and stepping inside, Keith's welcomed with a dim room. The only light that it has was from the moon that goes inside the open balcony, giving a faint light to the bed.

There he saw a man, sitting at the side of the bed, back's facing Keith shirtless. When he closed the door the man turned to see him.

Then there eyes met.

They missed each other, it's undeniable. Fern wanted to run to Keith but his body's aching so much. However, what aches more for him is the look Keith is giving him.

The younger boy's scanning his body obviously looking at his wound and bruises. That reminds him how he got it. He deserves it after what he have done.

"Ganito ba kagaling si Kuya Jaxie makipagsuntukan?"

Keith let out a shaky chuckle while trying to stop his eyes from shedding a tear. He couldn't help it. Fern's state right now is...bad.

The huge cut on his lips, the bruises on his cheeks, the cut on his eyebrows, and his right eye that's for sure will bruise. How did he reached this state just from Jaxon's punches?

"Acey...fuck," Fern hissed from pain when he tried to stand up. He held his side because of the pain. Jaxon really went out with his punches a while ago.

Keith didn't hesitate to walk near him. He sat beside Fern, close but not close enough to close the small gap between them. Not close enough for their shoulders to touch. Not close enough for Fern to smell him. Not close enough for Fern to touch him. Close but not enough.

"I'm sorry..." Was all that Fern could utter first. He's staring at Keith beside him, eyes are soft and pleading. But Keith's looking down, couldn't bring his eyes to meet Fern's gaze.

"B-Bakit kayo nag-away?"

"Dahil gago ako."

"Hindi ka nanlaban?"

"Deserve ko ang galit niya."

"Kailangan ba pisikal?" Keith looked at Fern, eyes are furious yet with restrictions. "Ilang araw kitang hindi nakita tapos maaabutan kitang ganito? Alam mo ba kung gaano akong nag-alala sayo?" Keith's last sentence was almost a  whisper. His heart's really heavy and he's really confused on how to handle his overwhelming emotions right now.

"Acey...I'm sorry. Sorry kung hindi ako nakapag-text sayo matapos kong umalis. I just don't want to put you in danger. After Arkin called me and asked for help, I went to him then the news about his parents went out. I can't leave him alone after that because his parents will certainly look for him and he asked me to stay with him for a while until the police will find them. Acey—

"He could've asked the police, Fern! Bakit kailangang sayo?"

"Siya ang nagsumbong sa mga pulis tungkol sa mga magulang niya. Siya rin ang dahilan kung bakit nahuli na sila, Acey. He has to stay hidden until that."

"Pinagrarasonan mo talaga siya."

"That's what really happened. Hindi ako nagrarason."

"And I couldn't do anything with that!"

Fern was startled when Keith raised his voice. Keith, too, was stunned by his sudden outburst but maybe that's just how he feels and he couldn't take it any longer. He exhaled a sharp breath and looked away.

"I hate you for always choosing him," Keith's eyes are already wet from tears.

"Acey, hindi ko siya pinili," Fern used all his strength to emphasize every word just so Keith could understand. He wanted Keith to understand.

"Dahil wala kang pinili," Keith stared at Fern, meeting his eyes. "Wala kang pinili, Fern Dale."

Fern opened his mouth and was about to say something but was stopped when his phone rang which was placed on the bedside table. They both looked to see who's calling, then their eyes met once again after reading the caller ID.

Arkin.

Keith stand up and turned his back to Fern. He walked away but stopped before opening the door. 

"You can't have us both, Fern. Hindi gano'n 'yon."

_______________

89
Narration