.01

~ Chapter one ~

Episode one: the vanishing of Will Byers

"Steve, Get your ass down here and stop looking at yourself in the mirror!" Ivy shouted from the kitchen where she was bagging up Steve's breakfast.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" He shouted running down the stairs.

The two of them got in Steve's car and immediately he started checking his hair in the rearview mirror and Ivy fiddled with the tape deck.

"How many times do I have to tell you, that's so you can see the road behind you" she rolled her eyes.

"And how many times do I have to tell you, i need to make sure my hair doesn't get messed up before school" he smirked as he started driving.

"Your such an airhead"

"Oh shut up, did you make me-" he started but was cut off.

"Bacon, egg and cheese. Here" she handed him the paper bag with the breakfast bagel she had been making for him every single weekday morning since she was thirteen.

His eyes lit up as he took the bag off her and looked inside at the bagel, "have I told you how much I love you" he smiled.

"Yeah, yeah just drop me off here. I have to meet someone before school" she pointed to a dirt path on the side of the road.

"If you show up to school high again and get caught I'm not covering with mom and dad for you" he said as she got out the car.

"I'm a big girl Steve, I can take care of myself" she saluted as he drove off.

Ivy turned and walked down the dirt path until she came out in the forest hills trailer park, home to one of her only friend's. Eddie Munson. She didn't bother knocking as she flung the door open, the shaggy haired boy was sitting on the sofa rolling a joint.

"We're gonna be late again" Ivy kicked her feet onto the table as she sat down next to him.

"Ah sue me" he waved his hand yawning.

"Have you even been to sleep?"

"I got an hour or two"

"You gotta stop playing that stupid game all night, I thought you said you were gonna graduate this year" she cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I am gonna graduate" he pointed at her, "and it's not a stupid game, it's a way of life"

She lit the joint when they got in Eddie's van and had a few pulls before handing it to him, paranoid by black sabbath was playing and Ivy turned the volume up and drummed away on her thighs as the boy sped through the town of Hawkins. They were late as usual but still sat in the van finishing the joint until a bell rang.

"Is your little club tomorrow?" The girl asked as they walked through the halls.

"Hellfire." He looked at her with a fake disappointed look, "yeah tomorrow through to Sunday probably it's gonna be a long campaign"

"I guess I'll have to annoy someone else then" she shoved him playfully.

"Have fun in class" he stuck his tongue out to the girl who was now sticking out her middle finger to him.

"Ivette Harrington! Class now!" Her teacher called out from the door way.

"For the love of god don't call me that, it's Ivy" she said a tad to aggressive.

When she took her seat behind Nancy Wheeler she was given a funny look by the girl who turned around to her slowly, smiling politely.

"Do you wanna borrow my purfume?" She asked quietly.