.03

~ Chapter three ~

Episode three: holly, jolly

Later that night Ivy couldn't sleep, she couldn't quite place what was wrong but she knew something felt off. Instead of burying herself under her covers the way she usually would, she trotted down the stairs and started making coffee to get her through the rest of the night. By now everyone remaining in the house was asleep and the house was quiet, that was until Nancy Wheeler came down the stairs.

"Evening Wheeler" Ivy said making Nancy jump.

"Hey Ivy, uh, are Tommy H and Carol still here?" She asked.

"No they usually go home the minute they're done fucking" she said sipping on her coffee and Nancy's eyes widened.

"I'm gonna have to walk home great" she sighed looking out into the pitch black sky.

"Is Steve asleep?" She looked towards the ceiling.

"Yeah, he's drunk anyway" she frowned.

"Did you see where he put his keys?" Ivy formed a plan in her mind.

"Yeah, they were on his night stand" she asked looking confused.

"I'll be right back, don't move" Ivy jogged up the stairs to her brothers room.

She took a pen from his desk and wrote on the back of a flyer 'borrowed your car' and she put it where his keys were and she took the keys. Running back down the stairs she slipped on her boots and shouted for Nancy to follow her quickly. She hopped in the drivers seat and started the car as Nancy got in next to her.

"Can you drive?" Nancy asked her looking worried.

"Technically, yes. Legally, no." She nodded and pulled out the drive while Nancy fastened her seatbelt.

"What the hell does that mean?" Nancy's eyes were wide.

"I don't have my license, but my dad's been teaching me how to drive since I could reach the pedals" she said as she drove far to fast down the road.

"Do you know the direction to my house?" Nancy grabbed the edge of the seat.

"Shit, no. Just give me the directions"

Pulling up outside the Wheeler household Nancy tried to smooth down the sweatshirt she was wearing that belonged to Steve, and ran her fingers through her hair a few times.

"You good Wheeler?" Ivy asked.

"I should have just gone home with Barb, she probably hates me right now" Nancy shook her head a tear falling.

"Barbs cool, she's a good person, I highly doubt she hates you. Don't worry" the girl smiled.

"Did you talk to her?" Nancy looked over.

"Yeah she was out by the pool when you guys went up, I was gonna make her pizza rolls but she disappeared, I think she went home. Her car wasn't there so" Ivy shrugged.

"She parked it down the street, I'll have to talk to her in school tomorrow. Apologise, you know?" Nancy explained more to herself.

"Could you tell her, to hit me up if she's ever upset or anything. I hope she's okay, she seemed super down before she left" Ivy said.

Nancy nodded, "your so much different from what I expected" the girl let out a sigh that morphed into a laugh.

"I get that a lot, see you later Wheeler" Ivy waved as she got out of the car.

For safety reasons given the time of night, Ivy waited until Nancy was in the house before pulling away and heading in the opposite direction. Towards the trailer park. Eddies van was in its usual spot and the light in his bedroom was on, she laughed under her breath to herself and rolled her eyes walking up to the door and knocking because it was locked. A few seconds later Eddies head appeared and he grinned.