1.

It was an antiquated, lethargic morning. I was usually awoken at one o'clock in the morning since I had to finish my schoolwork. Because, school starts at five o'clock in the afternoon and ends at noon, I usually get one to three hours of sleep every day.

My older sister, Bronwyn, and my younger sister, Vera, are both sleeping. My sisters and I, actually sleep on hay bales with our hands as pillows. I made big, long blankets primarily out of animal fur and old fabric.

Because we are one year apart in age and Vera has just recently turned fourteen, Bronwyn, my elder sister, and I are best friends. We always have been.

My sisters and I live with Fiona and Due, who are husband and wife. Bronwyn, Vera, and I share a little bedroom with them, but we sleep in the relatively modest family room near the fireplace hugely. Fiona and Due could never have children of their own, so they wanted to give children who don't have parents or a home a chance to stay with them until the kids that they foster either leave and go to another foster home or get adopted.

We've lived with Fiona and Due since they were the ones who took us in after both of our parents died suddenly. Our parents died in a fire when I was about twelve years old, Bronwyn was thirteen, and Vera was ten years old. We were truly orphans, and we still are.

I whispered gently, "Wake up, Bronwyn," I didn't want to wake up the others. Even though there are just three of us in the room, Fiona and Due are close. When Fiona and Due became angry, they beat me, and my sisters, and wiped us if we didn't follow their demands. They had been abusing us since the time they accepted us into their home.

"What do you want, Zaylee?" Bronwyn murmurs Russian as she moves over onto her stomach.

When she doesn't want to talk to me, she speaks Russian.

I pull the covers off of her to wake her up.

Bronwyn shivers. "What time it is?"

"It's one fifteen,"

Bronwyn rose and put on her pretty dark green jacket while still wearing her clothes from yesterday, as she pulled her hair back into a low ponytail, and put on her black work boots.

Bronwyn stated emphatically, "I'm going to get some breakfast before Vera gets up and before we go to work."

If you live most of your life in Dimea, you're immediately a slave—you have to work all day.

In this civilization, the government is unquestionably referred to as the corporation. In this manner, the corporation needs you to take a blood test, which is rather crucial. Once you take the blood test, They seem to know what state you're from and where you live. You're an Ablimuaion if you have gold blood. If you have purple blood, you live in Byclum. If you have blue blood, your state is Callumae.

Then you're a dimeion you have red blood. The corporation has complete power over everything you do in your life. They primarily inform you on how to parent your children, if you have any; they primarily inform you on when you may eat, and they can almost certainly manage when you die.

Stealthily, the corporation forces you to start working at the age of six years old. The task is that the people of Dimea must maintain crops and prepare meals for the various states besides their own under the scorching hot sun or in winter. You may build homes for Abiluma and Byclum if you're a male, which is extremely crucial. You'll primarily manufacture apparel for the affluent for girls and ladies, starting at the young age of ten to seventeen. Governor Brown's guards are on high alert if you deny doing any of these things. The Look Overs, as they're known, will kill you on the spot in most cases, or so they believe. The Look Overs are the world's general military. After you've finished the day, each family will receive one liter of water and one corn cob as payment.