Thunderstorm

~Liyue, 23:37~

Aether pov:

Another day of completing commissions, Lumine why did you leave me here. As I was thinking I realised a thunderstorm had broke out. I quickly ran into the inn and was met by verr, as we talked she made us warm tea and almond tofu for xiao since she knew I was going to go up to him like every day after completing commissions. As we drank our tea we talked about how nice of a place liyue is and how great full she is to have someone like me around, I don't understand what I did for people to think of me as such a good person but here we are I guess. As we finished our tea we realized that it has already been half an hour and that the almond tofu for xiao was already cold, verr quickly made another dish of almond tofu for the yaksha, we said our goodbyes and I left to go to Xiao'sp room.

Xiao pov:

I was sitting under a tree looking at the moon as I quickly realized that there where small droplets of water falling onto my face as I looked up at the stars slowly being covered by dark grey clouds filled with lighting that was being released from them, as much as I loved the view of a thunderstorm, I was scared, no terrified if thunderstorms, to be more specific the thunder itself. Whenever there's a storm I can't focus which makes me not be able to teleport and makes me a bit more... Weak? No I'm an adeptus, adepti can't be weak! I'm just more off guard, yes that's it, good thing I wasn't only 2,153 meters away from wangshu inn, ugh this will be annoying. As I walked I saw a hillichurl camp, nothing new but the occasional thunder made me think about it instead of the fight, I managed to clear the camp quite quickly but after 859 metres I ran into 3 ruin guards. As I was fighting I saw that the thunderstorm was about to get worse, it would only be the matter of which knows maybe 10 minutes? After around 3 minutes I cleared the 3 ruin guards, I ran quickly to the inn because I knew the minute the heavy wind would come and mix with the lightning the heavy rain and thunder I would start to panic and would just either be paralyzed in shock or I would curl up in a ball and have a break down, for some reason I just can't cope with thunderstorms, they make me feel like I'm going to get attacked while I can only watch as I get stabbed and thorn apart without an end. Before I could calm my thoughts down I went into the inn and sprinted to my room soaking wet, terrified and at the verge of crying. I heard the thunderstorm get worse and quickly get louder, my thoughts started racing but I managed to get changed from my drenched clothes, that was the last thing I did before tears started rolling down my cheeks as I was curled up on blankets due to me being cold. I sat there crying with small sons escaping my mouth, suddenly I heard verr start to talk to someone, I couldn't tell who she was talking to but I was wondering who would come to the inn at 23:37.

Aether pov:

As I enter Xiao's room I seem to notice that he isn't in the balcony, ok probably because it's raining and all but I always see him there soooooo like it was like an instinct to look there. I started to look around the room to find him, after what felt like hours I decided to call it quits but then I heard...crying..? I looked over only to find Xiao sitting there curled up in blankets crying his eyes out, he looked purely terrified and panicked, it hurt to see him like this, it made my heart sink. I placed the almond tofu on the table near me and ran towards the panicked adepti, his vision was probably blurry so I told him it was me and with that he looked less panicked. I carefully but tightly placed my hands behind his back rubbing circles on it while he cried on my shoulder, I started humming a calm melody for the adepti in front of me in order to calm him down, each time lightning or thunder hit, he would slightly jump and cling onto me tighter, I let go for a second and told him that I would be back, I could tell he didn't want me to go, but I'm only going to get the almond tofu for him so I won't be gone for long. I came back and saw him hugging a blanket, I just found that adorable- wait no what am I thinking it was cool yea cool. I gave the almond tofu to Xiao, I saw him jump a bit at the sound of the thunderstorm getting worse. Once he finished I must have been still thinking about Lumine because I was brought back by Xiao's hands intertwined with mine and realized I was crying. We agreed in trying to sleep so we did, but quickly realized we couldn't and especially due to Xiao's reaction to thunder and lightning, I sighed and turned around and opened my arms as a sign for the yaksha To come over, clearly understanding what I meant he came over and out his head on my chest as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, I wrapped one of my arms around him and the other was in his hair gently brushing through it. As the thunderstorm started to ease I felt Xiao's stream for tears come to an end. I felt sleep take over me as I fell asleep holding the boy in my hands.

~12:35~

Verr pov:

I haven't seen Xiao leave his room so I called zhongli since I knew he is quite close to the adeptus. I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw zhongli come into the inn, I made him some tea as we talked about different things in liyue, once he finished his tea he went upstairs to check in Xiao.

zhongli pov:

As I finished talking to verr, I went up the stairs to Xiao's room, I knocked on the door but there was no answer, with that I opened the door quietly only to see the two boys tangled in Each others arms, one side of me was wondering what must have happened that Xiao was first of all sleeping, second of all sleeping with the traveler and lastly he was hugging the traveler. I quietly and swiftly left, closing the door behind me. I told verr that Xiao was ok and that he was asleep, which seemed to shock her just as I was shocked when I saw him asleep. But before I left Xiao's room, I took a picture of the two boys as a memory.

~15 minutes later~

Xiao pov:

I woke up as the sun shining at my face, I was shocked to find Aether beside me cuddling with me, then I realized everything that happened last night I was so embarrassed, I mean an adeptus crying infront of a mortal I felt like I was going to die from embarrassment, I realized that I woke up Aether by the shaking off my head.

Aether pov:

I woke up realizing that Xiao had already woken up, I mumbled a good morning that he seemed to understand because he said it back as he tightened his grip on my back and held me closer, we stayed like this for a long time as we talked about different places with no people around liyue, but one thing that he said to me made me feel butterflies in my stomach, he had told me that he... Loves me..?, I've liked him him since we met, I nearly cried tears of joy at those words as I learned down to kiss him, he gave a kiss back as we fell asleep again holding each other close.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I'm so sorry for not uploading I've been really busy these past few days and still will be, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Words:1406