Chapter Four

"MARK WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU?!" I shouted as I stumbled into the apartment, "THE FORCE WAS RIGHT BEHIND ME AND YOU DIDN'T SAY A THING!"

"I was having a coffee break," Mark explained calmly.

"I was on PATROL!" I said, throwing my hands in the air.

"And? You were just telling me how much you can handle yourself in a fight," Mark said, setting down his cup of coffee, "you even crushed your sixth earpiece last time."

"Yeah, but you're my teammate, my trusty sidekick who I can always lean back on!" I protested.

Blink just laughed and then he locked eyes with my bleeding leg and rushed towards me, setting his coffee mug down. "What happened?" he exclaimed, ushering me towards our old and stained couch.

"It's not that bad Mar-" I winced when he touched and prodded at my calf, but not in a bad way, I'm too awesome to be in pain, "Adonis just got me in the leg with a mere flesh wound!"

"It's another stab wound!" Mark exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air, "the second one within two weeks!"

"No, no," I said, raising a finger to shush his mouth, "it's a flesh wound!"

"NO ITS NOT!" Mark said, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Oh my- Aspen- I shouldn't have let you go on patrol this early after your injury."

"It's fineee," I said, patting my calf and only slightly wincing, "I am the strongest and greatest vigilante in this city, in fact, I'm even better than the heroes!"

"Aspen– just, don't go on patrol for another week at least."

"But–"

"Please."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "fine."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Okay!" Twilight said, clasping her hands together as she sat down next to Adonis,"So, we know Moth is a luna moth hybrid."

"Ash, can you like, do this anywhere from where I'm watching my show." Adonis deadpanned.

Ash just paused the show and looked back to Adonis smiling, "As I was saying, Dexter."

Dex groaned then sat up, picking up a random book Ash had brought out of the family's library, "I don't see why we need to do this, we can just capture her and then interrogate her."

"If we can catch her," Ash said, "I don't know if you've been at our last ten missions, but she keeps getting away."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, but we could just try and y'know, not try to injure her everytime we see her."

Dex said, abandoning the book to the side.

"Says the one who literally just threw a blade at her leg."

"Calf, actually."

"OH MY GOD-"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-