Chapter 8

"I'll see you at home pumpkin." I stood up.

"See you later dad. And nice to meet you Mr...?" I want to treat him as casual as possible since dad seemed to have a smudge with this guy.

"Greg Harvit. But call me Greg, I insist." He reached out his hand. I took it and smiled politely. "Nice to meet you Greg." And I walked out.

As soon as I got in the car I bombarded Mr. G. with questions.

"Who is he?"

"He was you father's childhood friend. They were inseparable back then." Emphasizing 'was'.

"Was? So what changed it?" he looked at me through the mirror nervously.

 "Well, when your father and Mr. Harvit were younger... well let's just say they were not the kids you would want to have. I'll just fast forward okay? They pulled a prank, both of them, which ended up burning the school."

"That's so cool!" I smiled then he continued.

"Not cool Miss Liel if... you see when the school was burned down, your father's sister went down with it. She was trapped in the bathroom and she was Junior that time, while your father and Mr. Harvit was Senior." He looked at me and I must have paled when he asked me if I was alright. So I had an aunt?

As if reading my thoughts Mr. G answered. "Yes you had an aunt and her name... her name was Liel. You were named in after her. Your dad was so scarred during those times that he became ruthless and violent, he was the opposite of what he is now.  Until he met your mom."

I composed myself a little and before I knew it we are in front of the house. He stopped and looked at me.

"But what happened between Greg and Dad?"

"The school let them graduate but promised to attend a hearing at the court. And the worst part is, Greg testified against your dad." My heart boiled. "What the fuck? Is that man for real?"

"Yes miss." He answered sternly. "But they did the prank together right? Why did he bail on dad? Considering he already lost his sister. That asshole!" I crossed my arms and huff angrily.