I like your box G (1)

——-1995——-
It was currently 4:15 pm and Benji was sitting in Stu Macher's bedroom. The two had met in their Freshman year when a mutual friend of theirs, Billy Loomis, introduced them. They bonded over horror movies and football, and now in their senior year had become great friends. Benji always thought their friendships were funny, the 3 had very different looks.

Stuart, or Stu as everyone called him, was the stereotypical blonde hair blue eyed quarterback. He was very much an extrovert, the class clown with a new girl every couple weeks. Those girls, unknowingly, had made Benji realize his more than platonic feeling for Stu.

Billy Loomis, what could Benjamin say about good ol' Billy boy. He was quieter than Stu, or most anyone when in public, but got more vocal in small groups of people he knew. He had dark brown hair that would swoop into his equally brown eyes often, giving him what Ben calls the "mysterious hot guy thing" girls go crazy for, and he saw the appeal. He didn't really do many school activities, but was pretty charming when talking to people so he gained a popularity status similar to Stu. He was probably Benjamin's closest friend, knowing him since childhood, the only person almost as close to Benjamin was Randy Meeks.

Finally, the man himself Benjamin Argent, though his friends normally call him Benji or Ben. He was the one who looked out of place with the other two. He was 5'9 to Billy's 5'11 and Stu's 6'2, wavy black hair that he couldn't get to look right, light brown eyes and a crooked smile. Not only were their appearances drastically different, but so were their social lives. The friends he had were introduced by Billy, due to Benji's shy nature. He was decent in school, except in science. He could usually be found by the video store renting movies and talking to his friend Randy, who is probably the biggest horror fan he knows. As much as he loved football, a Vikings fan himself, he had nowhere near the athleticism needed to play.

Benji POV

I laid on Stu's floor, braiding and unbraiding the same strand of hair over and over. I made plans with Stu to study for a biology test, but Stu pushed it back because the latest girl, Tatum.... Riley? I think that's her last name, doesn't matter much anyway. They'll probably break up in a week or so. He was hanging with her and Sid. With the murder of Maureen Prescott, Sidney's mom, I'm assuming their trying to cheer her up. Tatum had lasted longer than normal, which both impressed me and made me wanna slam my head into a wall.

Instead, I sat up and decided to snoop while I waited. I look through the desk first: nothing interesting. Just regular school or office supplies. Gee, how to live crazy Stu. I move on to his closet because everyone hides something in the closet, I hide myself there personally. I open the door and my eyes immediately go to 2 boxes on the floor. I'm not sure why, they look relatively normal, but hey brain does what the brain does. I sit on the floor and pull the boxes towards me. I decide to start with the top one, even though I'm curious to see what the black fabric sticking out of the other is. Taking of the lid, shock grabs ahold of me: loads of pictures of dudes, in various stages of dressed. I recognize some of them: Billy sleeping, weird, Travis Demgro, I assume he's on a sports team cause he's in a locker room. Hell, even Randy has a few creepy shots in here, at work putting new movies on the shelves, locking the door, lounging on the couch, and a shirtless- when did he get abs damn.

I was about to move to the second box when a little bit of blue caught my eye. Moving some pictures around, I pull out a smaller box from the big one. I struggle to read the handwriting I know is Stu's but manage after a few minutes:

pictures of him<3

Intriguing, Stuey Boy has a crush, tough break for Tatum. I open the lid expecting one of the popular guys but suddenly freeze. The smaller box falls out of my hand: picture after picture of me doing various things fall to the ground. I scan the writing at the bottom of each picture:

Benji studying
Benji walks home
Benji at gay club :]

Of course he put a smiley face on that one. I thought I had been sneaking around pretty well, but guess I might as well have worn a giant sign flashing QUEER QUEER!

Benji getting ready for shower
Benji brushing teeth

The last one is the most concerning, and most, um let's say well loved.

Benji fucks neighbor guy

Shit. Fuck. Literally fuck. He knows I'm gay for sure now, I could have made an excuse for the club, but this is a hard one- haha hard one - focus Ben, I can't explain this. Wait, if this dude has this many photos of dudes he has to be fruity. My shoulders relax than snap back up when I realize how fucking creepy this is. At first, little flattering, now; I don't know how long this has been happening. Has it been since we first met? My thoughts are cut off by the sound of a car outside and a familiar laugh. I shove the photos back in the box and sprint out, not caring about the back pack I just abandoned.

I sprint down the stairs, and out the front door when I run into the man of the hour: Stu "has photos of everyone sleeping" Macher.
"Hey Ben what's the rus-" on instinct my fist raises and gets him right in the nose before I push past him and began running towards my dads place. I bet Stu expects me to go to my mom's or anywhere besides my dads.

After an 20 minutes I switch to walking, deciding running the whole way only brings attention, and, let's face it, tires the fuck out of you. Another hour and I arrive on my dads porch. I left the key in my bag, of course, so I knock on the door. Dad answers, making some stupid joke before letting me in and getting me a glass of water.

He gets a phone call about 20 minutes later, then sits down to watch a movie with me. Curiosity getting the better of me, I ask about the call.
"Oh it was just one of your buddies checking if you're here." I tense up, already knowing the answer, I ask another question anyways
"Who was it?"
"That guy Stuart you hang out with"

—————————————————————
Hope you like the first chapter!