20

the older dropped her brother off at his elementary school, waving bye to him after kissing him on the forehead twice.

"wait for mom after school, okay?" she yelled out to him. the younger boy just nodded before running inside with his classmates.

she let out a sigh of relief once finishing her task. she quickly decided to get to school as soon as possible.

a's would be so easy to get in p.e if she ran like this all the time. she was sweating, cold sweat. the bells rang not too long ago, so she was still late.

as she ran up the stairs and walked towards her classroom door, she let out a huff of air while clutching onto the hem of her shirt. "jesus christ, i'm not ready to look at him yet..." she whispered anxiously.

but obviously, she had to face him sooner or later so she just sucked it up and walked into the class, only to be surprised by the new appearance of the classroom.

no one was seated at their original spots.

"namkyu! glad you could join us." the teacher said sarcastically, "have you signed into the office?"

namkyu nodded, and so he spoke again, "then stop wasting time and take a seat— at the only vacant spot, of course." he said before turning back around to the board.

namkyu scanned the class for a mere second before landing her eyes on the one and only, her boyfriend. or, the boy she thought could be her boyfriend.

he was staring at her as well, a bit shy about it, but he was still staring. he threw her a small smile, which she couldn't return.

all she did was walk to her new seat after forcing herself to take her eyes off the boy. once she sat down, she let out a deep breath that she didn't know she was holding.

sunghoon doesn't sit next to me anymore.

for some reason, i'm a bit upset...

i know the 'me' a while ago would totally look at me in disbelief.

but i already miss when his presence was right here, beside me.

i'm gonna him bothering me every minute of the day.

wait! why am i making goodbye's when it hasn't even been confirmed yet??

ugh, i just have a weird feeling... a feeling that what jungwon said might be true.

her thoughts were like this for the rest of the block, causing her to become sleepy.

she found herself resting her chin on the palm of her hand as she stared at the fan that was on the wall in the corner of the classroom.

she blinked, and blinked again. she blinked until her blinks got slower each time.

and after one blink, she was interrupted by someone shaking her shoulder.

"psst. wake up, it's lunch already." a familiar deep and soft voice said. she'd think that they would speak in a harsher tone like how they usually did, but their voice was soft and much more comforting.

she felt like she could fall asleep at that moment.

she opened her eyes and kept them open for a bit, trying to adjust her vision so that it would clear up.

"you fell asleep during class, didn't know you were such a slacker." he chuckled, unconsciously tucking her hair behind her ear because it was a mess.

as her vision finally cleared up, she could see the figure in front of her. he was on the opposite side of her desk and he was staring at her while resting on his arms.

her posture jolted straight and she was looking side to side, shocked. "i fell asleep?!" she whisper-yelled to herself, forgetting that there was another person in front of her.

when she remembered that he was there, she felt nervous all over again.

she slowly turned and looked back at him. he lifted his chin off of his arms and tilted his head. "kyu?"

heat was quickly making it's way to her face. all over, actually.

"sunghoon."

he chuckled, hesitantly reaching his arm out to mess with her hair, "sleepyhead." (a/n: didnt u just fix it tho? lol)

he scoffed, "are you still not awake?" he slowly, but surely felt comfortable in doing such acts. because it made him feel nice, and it made his heart flutter too.

her eyes just stared at his for a long second before she looked down and rolled her bottom lip into her mouth, biting it nervously.

"if there's a chance, i want to ask you something..." she muttered.

he raised a brow, "there is time. you can tell me now if you want?"

the way he was acting... it was sweet.

too sweet.

she felt like it was sweet enough to be real, but if this wasn't real, then what does genuine sweetness look like?

just his presence alone could make her cry because of the thought.

"no.. i can't. it's something we should speak about alone."

he was nervous actually. he didn't know what to expect, and he didn't like that feeling.

"okay." he replied back quietly.

he noticed that something was bothering her, so he wanted to take away the awkward tension they had right now.

"namkyu. by the way, we're going to start practicing for sports day, have you signed up for something?"

just as she was about to answer, she was startled by a hand on her shoulder, "hell yeah. she signed up for like... a lot." the voice of jihyun appeared.

"really? you?" sunghoon looked at namkyu and pointed? surprised. his teasing self was rising from the dead.

"yeah." namkyu replied, clearly shy about it. jihyun was later dragged away by niki for whatever reason, which left the two alone again.

he chuckled, "if you last the day without embarrassing yourself, i'll buy you chocolate." creating a deal on his own made him smirk.

she scrunched up her face, "i wont embarrass myself! you're so annoying." she rolled her eyes.

"alright, what would you like then? kisses?" he asked boldly, leaning closer to tease her more.

her eyes slightly widened at the specific word. sunghoon? was he serious?

that talk not too long ago, about the whole 'rejecting' and him saying he wanted to...

was he finally initiating something?

wait, she couldn't say anything to this yet, because what if it is all a lie?

it'll just hurt more.

"what are you saying..?"

"the chocolates, dummy."

liar. you said that on purpose.

if this does turn out to be a lie,

then she'll really hate him for playing around with her like that.

she couldn't stop thinking about it. she just needed to know in order to stop these worries.

she can't just hope that it's all real.

she wants the truth.

"sunghoon." she said quietly.

he nodded, "hm?"

"you're dating me... because of a dare, right?"