Chapter 6

Chapter 6

It felt good to have a friend.

In fact, it felt great.

Granted, Lilly and Katrina had pretty much only known one another for what felt like five minutes, but they both knew that they just clicked. There was something about Katrina that made her so friendly and likeable, and she must have easily been able to make friends.

Back in Langheights, Lilly didn't have that many friends. She had her best friend, Adelyn, but that was pretty much it. Adelyn had her own group of friends and she wasn't always there at Lilly's beck and call, so she was alone now and then. It wasn't fun, but Lilly was used to it.

Adelyn and Lilly had pretty much been friends since they could talk. They had a two-year age difference between them, but that didn't make them any less close. They hung out pretty much every weekend together, even when Adelyn was studying for her year eleven exams. She was a good friend, so she always made time for her best friend.

Lilly's other best friend was the one and only Harrison, and she missed him already. But Like Adelyn, he too had his own group of friends, and Lilly was never interested in hanging out with them as well. So, when Adelyn and Harrison were both busy, Lilly was on her own, and she had gotten used to it. She wondered what things would have been like in Sandy Beach now.

The girls got their horses saddled up, and Pharoah seemed eager to get out on the trail. That wasn't surprising, though, because he had been travelling in a float most of the day, so he would have been happy to go for a ride anywhere.

Lilly was the first to finish saddling her horse, so she grabbed her helmet and waited out the front of the barn to Katrina to join her.

"Hey," said Ruby when she found Lilly, "what are you up to?"

"I'm going for a ride," replied Lilly.

"By yourself? Why didn't you find me? I can come with you."

"I'm not going by myself."

"You aren't?"

"No."

"Who are you going with?"

"Katrina."

"Katrina Barnes?"

"I don't know her last name. She was at the funeral."

"Yeah, yeah, I know who she is. But you don't."

"Well, tell me, then."

"There's only one Katrina here, and she's the daughter of Kayla Barnes."

"Kayla Barnes?"

Everyone knew Kayla Barnes, and she was even at the funeral, too. Lilly thought that a person had to be living under a rock if they didn't know the ultra-famous Olympic rider.

"Wow," said Lilly.

"How do you know each other?" asked Ruby.

"We don't. She just came over and talked to me. We saw Odette meet Buell."

"Odette?"

"The evil red head."

"Oh, yeah, I've seen her around before. I heard she thinks she's the Queen Bee or something."

"Katrina says she think she's the princess of the town. She said that no one wants to get on her bed side."

"Yeah, she seems like she could be that type of person."

Lilly nodded in agreement, and she was soon distracted from her thoughts when Katrina joined her with an amazing pinto horse. It was a chestnut pinto with a gorgeous white face.