Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The next day, Lilly was up bright and early. She got a text message from Katrina at six 'o' clock in the morning, telling her that the plan to find Buell was still on. Lilly decided that was a bit of a pointless text because she knew it was still on, even though she did have a number of doubts about it.

She could stop thinking about what Nate said the night before, and she knew he still would have been mad. Lilly also got an email from the ranch of all places, sending her confirmation of her lesson schedule.

And she had a lesson this morning.

Her first lesson.

She wondered if Katrina and Katanya knew, and if they would be in the lesson too. She sent a message back to Katrina:

I got an email from the ranch. I have a lesson this morning.

It didn't take Katrina long to reply:

Cool, I did too. So, we really must be in the same lesson.

Yeah.

Hey, do you have a photo of Buell?

Yeah, I am sure I have one somewhere. Why?

Well, you know how when you lose a dog or a cat, you make posters and stick them around town?

Yes.

Well, who says you can't do the same for a horse?

I guess you can.

Exactly. Bring one with you today, and we'll sort out what we'll do next after our lesson.

Sounds good.

With that conversation over, Lilly put her phone in her dressing gown pocket and headed out of her room to have some breakfast. It was still bright and early, and Scott was already at the dining table (that Lauren made him set up the night before) having his breakfast.

Scott wasn't too thrilled with Lilly when she got home the night before. Last night, she was just about to call Scott to ask if he could pick her up before she ran into Cody, and he offered to drop her at home. She accepted the ride, and texted her dad that she would be home soon. He wasn't angry with her when she got home, but he was frustrated that she completely forgot their deal they had pretty much her whole life. Lilly knew she wouldn't make that mistake again.

"Good morning," said Lilly.

Scott looked up from his breakfast, "morning," he replied.

Lilly smiled and started to get her breakfast.

"What are you up to today?" asked Scott.

"I'm going back to the ranch. I actually have my first lesson today."

"Oh, good."

"Did you end up liking that garage?"

Scott nodded, "Cory and I are going to put in an offer today for it."

"Do you think you'll get it?" asked Lilly.

"I'd say we have a very good chance. We were the only ones looking at it."

"No one else is interested in it?"

"I hope not."

"Well, I hope you get it."

"Me too."

Scott then stood up seeing as he had finished his breakfast, and he put his plate in the sink in the kitchen. He then kissed Lilly on the head, and that told her wasn't too mad at her anymore.