Eddie x Reader: You wanna dance?

Y/N
Sitting at your kitchen table, you kept looking at the large stack of cash that rested near the coffee jar.

"Honey. Take the money already. Prom is only 4 days away. If you want a good dress, you need to start shopping." Your mom pushed the cash toward you as you took bites of your toast.

"No thanks. I'm not going." You announced, earning shocked looks from your mom and dad.

"What? Why not? Prom is the most magical night of any girls life!" Your mom exclaimed.

"It's not magic when nobody has asked you." You sighed, getting off your chair.

"Hey, hey, hey. No frowns in this house! You are going to buy a beautiful dress, you are going to the Prom and you are going to have fun, with or without a date!" Your mom grabbed your hand, placing the cash in your hand.

Sighing, you headed to the mall, intending to find a nice dress that wouldn't cause you to stand out.

As you searched, you watched as other girls your age walked out of dress stores with dresses that would cost well over $100. You walked into the dress store, finding a nice red dress that made you feel comfortable.

"Just this thanks." You smiled, handing the cash over to a nice lady who handed you the dress.

Getting home, you showed your mom the dress, her eyes tearing up.

"Absolutely beautiful." She smiled, hugging you.
———
The day you had been dreading was finally here. You spent the whole day sighing in your bed before getting up at 4:30.

You placed your dress on, putting a little lipstick on and adding some blush before brushing your hair. You walked downstairs, your mom taking a few pictures before your dad drove you to the school.

Getting out of the car, you were nervous. You saw couple after couple entering the gym. This whole situation was making you nervous. You were probably the only girl in your entire grade that was attending Prom without a date, hell, you were probably the only person that was attending Prom without a date. You took steps toward the doors, your dress barely touching the ground.

As you opened the doors, you immediately attempted to blend in. Of course, there were people who looked at you with confusion, but you ignored them, going immediately to the bleachers. Sitting down, you sighed, listening to the music as you closed your eyes for a minute. Opening your eyes, you looked around, seeing most of the grade on the dance floor. After a while, you didn't know what time it was, but you were sure that a lot of time had passed.

You were so close to crying. Why were you here? What was the point of coming to Prom when you didn't have anyone to enjoy the night with? What was the point? Were you just proving how lonely and how much of a loser you were? Yes. That had to be it. You could see people looking at you every once in a while.

You continued to ignore the stares. As you kept looking around the gym, you saw someone walking up to you. You recognised him. You had seen him at school. He wore a white shirt with a black tie. His pants were black as well and he wore black and white sneakers. His hair was longer than yours, with bangs that reached just below his eyebrows.

"Hey. You're here alone as well?" He asked, smiling.

"What makes you think that?" You smiled, letting him sit down beside you.

"I've been keeping an eye on you...kinda. I didn't see you enter with anybody, and you've been alone since." He explained.

"Wow. Creepy much?" You laughed.

"Sorry. Let me start again. Hi. My name's Eddie. Eddie Munson. AKA the freak." He smiled, holding out his hand.

"I'm Y/N. Y/N YL/N. Alone." You smiled, shaking his hand.

"You wanna dance?" He stood up, holding out his hand.

"Sure." You smiled, getting up. Walking to the dancefloor, Eddie bowed like a gentleman, smiling. You curtsied, gently smiling at Eddie who couldn't take his eyes off your dress.

"You look beautiful tonight, Y/N." Eddie smiled, wrapping his arms around your waist as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Thank you." You smiled, kissing his cheek.

"For what?" He asked, confused.

"For dancing with me. No one else would have." He smiled at you, resting his forehead on yours.