Eddie x Reader: Quit the club

Y/N
You had felt weird since the last Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Right before it was your turn to lead the group, Eddie stopped, saying that the next part of the campaign wouldn't start 'til the next week.

Leaving the drama room, you walked along the hallways, thinking of everything that might have made Eddie so agitated.

The Hellfire club was like your second home. You had been apart of the club for over a year and you felt safe every time Eddie started talking in strange voices, immersing you and the rest of the club into the game.

So, when Eddie started freezing you out, and not letting you play the game like normal, you didn't feel safe. You felt the opposite. You felt like the new kid that Eddie was picking on. Talking to Jeff and Gareth, neither of them would say a word, not wanting to betray Eddie. Obviously, he had told them something.

You even went so far as to talk to Dustin and Mike, who were just as clueless as you. They thought that maybe Eddie was battling some home drama, and it was affecting his mood during Hellfire.
———
You made it to the football field, intending to go to the park bench that resided just outside of the school. You and Eddie often went there to hang out, seeing as you two had gotten closer since you met.

As you reached the bench, you saw that Eddie was already there, but he wasn't alone. You saw Gareth, Jeff, Dustin and Mike all talking to each other. You feared the worst, as you were always invited to meetings or gatherings of the Hellfire club. If you weren't aware of this meet up, the discussion or conversation was about you.

Hiding behind a nearby tree, large enough to cover your body, you listened in, hoping to finally understand what Eddie was hiding.

"Okay, I'm just going to get to the point. I'm going to kick Y/N out of Hellfire." He spoke, causing Dustin, Mike, Gareth and Jeff to gasp.

"Eddie, you're joking right? Y/N is a valued member of our team. You can't just kick her out! Besides, without her, we have no chance at beating the campaign. We'll all be dead without her." Dustin explained, everyone seeming to agree.

"There have been some...developments outside of Hellfire, and I fear that said developments will affect the nature of our campaign." Eddie defended his choice.

"What kind of developments?" Gareth asked, confused.

"I may or may not have developed feelings for Y/N." Eddie admitted.

"How can developing feelings for Y/N possibly affect the nature of our campaign?" Mike asked, confused.

"It just can, alright? It's hard to explain." He sighed.

"So what? You're kicking our most valued member out of Hellfire because you're afraid of your feelings getting in the way? That's kind of a bullshit excuse! I mean, it really doesn't make sense." Dustin groaned, clearly very annoyed with Eddie.

"I'm sorry guys. It's for the benefit of Hellfire and our campaign." Eddie sighed once again.

"Eddie, before you really make your choice, just understand that if you kick her out now, you'll basically be asking us to accept our death sentence. She is stronger, smarter and tougher than all of us. We can't successfully complete the campaign without her. Please, for the sake of the campaign, don't kick her out until after it's all over. Just, hide or repress your feelings until it's over. Then you can do whatever you want." Dustin pleaded. You were one breath away from crying right then and there.

"Fine. She can continue to be apart of the campaign, but after that, she's out." Eddie spoke, ending the meeting. Before any of them knew you were there, you ran toward the gym, unable to believe what you had just heard.

If it wasn't for Dustin, you'd be officially kicked out of Hellfire.
———
Today was the day you were quitting Hellfire. You didn't want to quit, but you would've been kicked out anyway. Why not save your ego in the process?

You walked to the drama room, your Hellfire club shirt in hand. You were currently wearing a normal grey top with black pants. You took a few deep breaths in before walking into the drama room, seeing Eddie finishing setting up. You waited until everyone was sitting down before you placed the shirt on the table.

"I quit." You announced, shocking the group.

"What?" Eddie was confused.

"I quit." You spoke again before turning away, walking out of the drama room.

As you walked, you cried. Your second home was gone and you wanted to go back and continue, but you couldn't.