Chapter 1

Lappland was leaning on a railing looking out over the water from atop the nomadic city.
"Oh Texas....Why did you leave me, I'm going to find you some day"
It was a cloudy and gloomy day as Usual Lappland would be lucky to see any sun over Siracusa more than 5 days a year.
But this type of weather was her faveorite anyway so it doesn't bother her.
Things had changed after lappland got Oripathy, it's a shock she is even able to roam freely in Siracusa without anyone bothering her.
That day is stuck in her head, and Lappland knew it was mostly her fault, Texas had left her because the originium had affected her so much and one day while the two were out dealing with 'business' Lappland lost control and Texas had to fight her.
"Lappland Stop! PLEASE!"
"I can't, they have to die for what they did to my family and now that the boss is here we need to finish this"
"I know that or i wouldn't have helped you! But we need to talk to the boss first!"
But it was too late, Texas was forced to watch on in horror as Lappland slaughtered the group of Mafia members in front of her it was a horrific sight, arms and legs were hitting the ground, along with a few heads.
By the time Lappland was done the group of enemies that was once there were no longer recognizable as people because now they are just limbs and guts sitting in pools of blood.
"See Texas? That wasn't so
bad it didn't take too long"
Lappland let out a sigh and recalled how they fought after they killed the mafia boss, and how she beat Texas badly but not without a mark, The Scar on her eye.
"I-I don't even Know who you are anymore...I'm sorry but I have to go"
"W-Will I see you again?"
Lappland Was covering her left eye cause Texas had got her eye pretty good, but other than that she was....mostly okay
besides the fact that her life just fell apart
Lappland reached out for Texas
"I'm sorry Lappy...." and those were the last words she would ever hear Texas say cause she was already limping away from the horrific scene.
"Why...why did you have to use the nickname you gave me when you left...."
Lappland wiped a tear from her eye.
"Ha....me crying? Oh Texas do you see what you have done to me?"
Lappland suddenly felt a hand grab her tail and she immediately turned around, drew her sword and pointed it at the throat of the person who grabbed it
"Ptilopsis?"
Lappland put her sword away.
"Geez Lappland your so....Agressive these days"
Ptilopsis noticed Lappland's ears lower when she said that.
"I know....and that's why I'm so alone in this City"
Lappland turned back to lean on the railing to keep looking out at the water, Ptilopsis joined her.
"Lappy are you okay?"
"Please don't call me that, brings back bad memories....Of her"
Ptilopsis realized why Lappland was so down.
"Wait Lappland....are you so down because your thinking of her?"
Lappland looked at Ptilopsis
"It never stops, I'm always thinking about her every miserable day I live on, sometimes I just want to die"
"L-Lappland! Don't you dare tell me you have Suicidal thoughts!"
Lappland looked down at the ground in shame.
"I do"
"Tell me Lappland, what will killing yourself solve? How do you think Texas would feel if she learns you killed yourself because of her?"
"Everything, I wouldn't be burden to you anymore no one would have to deal with me anymore, and hell....Texas would probably throw a fucking party if I died"
Ptilopsis slapped Lappland on the head
"Ow! What was that for?" Lappland rubbed her head.
"That was for you talking crazy"
"I Wasn't Talking crazy"
"Your talking about Killing yourself Lappland, that's pretty crazy!"
"It's not like I'd be missed"
Lappland grasped her chest after she felt a sudden Jolt of pain
"Fuck....why does my oripathy have to act up now of all times? I'm not allowed to have a moment anymore huh!?!?"
Ptilopsis looked at Lappland and wanted to cry.
"Lappland....you would be missed, I would miss you"
Ptilopsis pulled Lappland into a hug and patted her back.
"Y-You would?"
"Of Course I would! Your my friend"
"Right....WAIT YOU CANT HUG ME ILL GIVE YOU ORIPATHY!"
Lappland tried to get out of the hug
"Lappland I already have oripathy"
"Wh-What You do?"
"You should know I do, I told you before"
"I'm sorry....I forgot, this damn oripathy has rattled my brain"
Lappland punched herself in the head in a attempt to jog her memory.
"Oh...Lappland, I'm so sorry"
Sorry....yes that is the last words Lappland heard from Texas
"Lappland?"
Ptilopsis let out a noise when Lappland suddenly tightened her arms around her with crushing force
"Ptilopsis....can I stay at your hotel with you for a few days...?"
"Oh what this all of a sudden? Of course you can"
"Thank you"
"Nghh uhm Lappland could you let go....your crushing me"
"S-Sorry"
Lappland let go of Ptilopsis
"So...where do you live Lappland?"
"I don't have a home anymore, I've been on the streets since....the day Texas....left me"
"What?!?!?"
"Heh go figure, it's were I belong, I am a infected after all"
"Lappland! Stop talking about yourself like this!"
"But it's all true, I'm a worthless infected"
"You are not worthless!"
Lappland went to grab her sword.
"Lappland...w-what are you doing?"
"What I should've done on the day Texas left me....taking my life"
"Uh-Uh I don't think so"
Ptilopsis grabbed both of Lappland's swords before she could use them to harm herself.
"W-why....why stop me?"
"BECAUSE! I DONT WANT TO SEE MY BEST FRIEND KILL HERSELF!!!"
"i...i....."
Lappland collapsed to the ground on her knees.
"Lappland! Are you okay?!"
"It's my oripathy....I'm just having a bad day today, thats all"
"No...this is more than just your oripathy, what I said really hit your hard"
Lappland did not answer.
"Come on, let's head to my hotel room"
"O-Okay....where is that?"
"Well follow me and you'll find out"
"Lead the way then"
"So Ptilopsis Where do you actually live?"
"Oh I pretty much live at this hotel"
"Well where is your actual home though?"
"A huge mobile platform called Rhodes Island, which is a pharmaceutical company that has special operators that go on missions and they also treat the infected, you should go there cause how bad your infection is, I heard Texas works with them alot"
Lappland's eyes widened
Texas? Texas is there alot? I have to there then....
"Ok after I rest with you for a few days will you bring me to this Rhodes Island?"
"Of course i can, but do you wanna go for treatment or texas?" Lappland thought about how to answer that for a moment.
"To get treatment of course"
That was definitely a lie, all she wanted in life was either to re-unite with texas or die.
"Lappland I'm not dumb... I know that's a lie"
"What? Is it a problem that I'm so attached to Texas, are you, my only real friend in this world gonna start telling me I'm insane now too?"
Ptilopsis was suprised by Lappland's sudden outburst.
"I'm sorry, I'll just stop asking questions"
Lappland, what happened to you in these past few years?
Ptilopsis and Lappland didn't speak for the rest if the walk to the hotel room.
The two girls finally arrived at the hotel where they would be staying at together for a few days.
Lappland was already suprised by the exterior, it was one of the nicest hotels in Siracusa, she didn't think Ptilopsis could afford such a place but she turned out to be wrong, Lappland and Ptilopsis made their way up to the hotel room on the 46th floor, Lappland was even more suprised when she walked in.
Lappland couldn't belive it but for some reason this made her....happy, was it because she hadn't had a home or place to stay since the Texas incident? Or was it some other reason she couldn't pinpoint, well in the end she couldn't figure it out cause her train of thought was interrupted when she noticed the fridge, she just had to go see what was in it.
Lappland opened the fridge and her tail started wagging.
"Oh my god YOU HAVE STEAK!!!"
"Haha I do"
"I didn't know you ate this type of stuff"
Lappland was smiling, this was the first time Ptilopsis had ever seen Lappland's smile and she thought it was honestly kinda adorable.
"Ya know Lappland this is the first time I've seen you smile"
"Is it?"
Lappland was already eating, Ptilopsis had almost forgot that Lappland has an almost endless appetite, her appetite actually seems to have grown even more, maybe it was because of her oripathy.
"Yeah I think it is"
"Huh....I do smile though"
"Oh really?"
"Yeah when I'm fighting, because....well I enjoy it"
"You enjoy murdering things?"
"Hey! I don't kill everything I fight!" Lappland protested.
"Sorry, you may not belive what im about to say but even though im not much of a fighter....i do actually enjoy a good fight every now and then"
Lappland stopped what she was doing.
"Whaaat! Omg do you wanna have a friendly duel?"
"Lappland that would be totally unfair, you'd win in like 2 hits"
"Hmmm I dunno I've seen you fight before, and your like a whole different person"
"Well....everyone has their own suprises"
"True, but your definitely different from me, im not different when I fight, the me you see now is me in a fight, but just well....more calm and less murderous"
A idea just popped into Ptilopsis head to make Lappland even happier.
"Hey Lappland I got a question"
"What is it?"
"Do you want....Ear scratches and tail floofs? I know you Lupo's absolutely love that type of stuff"
Lappland put her food down immediately.
"Did you just say you will give me Ear scratches? HELL YES!!! it's been so long since I've gotten any"
"Alright go sit on the bed I'm gonna go to the bathroom"
Lappland went and sat on the bed and waited for Ptilopsis, her tail was thumping against the bed rather Aggressively.