Chapter Twenty-Two

I try my best to ignore what Colin has just said to me. Maybe he's just saying that to try and get a reaction out of me, I will not give him one. He will not win.
This dickhead still seems to be standing in my way so I push past him and pour Scarlett's coffee into the cup.
Why wouldn't she tell me that she was still married?
Maybe it was because I never asked. But then again everyone, including myself, was under the impression that they got a divorce months ago.

I turn back around facing Colin and the rest of the kitchen and lean back on the counter behind me and wait for Scarlett to come down. She's really taking her time right now.
As I'm looking around waiting, Colin once again steps in front of me but this time he grabs my T-shirt and pulls me closer.
"I know for a fact she was just using you to pass the time. She just needed some time to realise she really wanted to stay with me. You was just her way of coping with not having me around, a slut like her always needs pleasure. She just couldn't help herself."

Hearing those words leave his mouth stung like a bitch don't get me wrong but I'm not going to sit here and let him talk about Scarlett like that, fuck no.
I push him away from me, finally being able to breathe, his breath stank. I grab his jacket and push him harshly into the wall next to me.
"Listen here strawberry SHORTcake, you don't get to speak about Scarlett like that or just about her at all.. YOU fucked it up with her, you had several chances to make it right with her and you chose not too, that's on you, not me and definitely not Scarlett. Do us all a favour and shut that musty ass mouth of yours. If I hear you speak about Scarlett like that again I really won't hesitate to beat your ass to the ground."

I don't think he was expecting me to retaliate, he looks like he's literally just shit his pants. Scarlett's so much more than what scum like Colin think she is and hearing the shitty things that people like him say breaks my heart. Shes so many good things.

As I've still got him in my grip, he looks over my shoulder and laughs slightly.
"What the fuck are you laughing at huh? You think your so slick. I see right through you and your bullshit Colin." At this point I'm now raising my voice, he thinks he can get away with anything, he thinks he's untouchable and it's really pissing me off.

"Y/N? What the hell are you doing? Get off!" Scarlett shouts. So thats what he was laughing at. Fuck. I let go of him and take a step back.

"Thank god Scarlett I thought she was going to hit me! Shes crazy!" Colin exaggerates.

"Oh come on you started this Colin! You came up to me first and I retaliated! I wasn't going to hit you and you know it!" I explain.
I look over to Scarlett who just gives me a cold and empty look. A look that doesn't make me feel like I'm on top of the world, this is one that makes me wanna hang my head in shame and hide. And that's exactly what I do, hang my head in shame and lean on the kitchen counter in silence. As I run my hands over my face I feel a small soft pair of hands on my arm I look up and it's Scarlett.
"Just let me talk to him okay, I'll sort this out." She whispers to me and I sigh.
"I need the bathroom anyway... I'll be upstairs if you need me okay?" I give her a little smile before walking away from her and up the stairs.

Colin knew I would react. He knew. He set me up there. I wouldn't of actually hit him, I wouldn't bring that shit to Scarlett's house. Im not a violent person, I fight in the ring and thats it. Im not like my father.
I shake off the negative thoughts and decide to finish getting ready. I brush my teeth with a spare toothbrush I found in the cabinet and splash some cold water over my face, hoping it will calm me down. I style my hair exactly how I want it and exit the bathroom.
Well now I have nothing to do apart from scroll through my phone. Where is my phone?
"Fuck sake.." I mutter your myself as I realise I left my phone in the kitchen. I'll just grab it and come straight back upstairs I won't say anything at all.