✦ . ⋆ ─ zwei

⋆ . ˖ "is it too much to ask for you to stay...

...even when i possess less wealth than you?"˖ . ⋆

───────────────

jeno turned back to see chenle frowning at him amusingly, hearing everything he just yelled to his hyung back in the conversation. his hands were folded, staring at jeno intently like if he was his mother and he just brought a bad grade home.

"what? i had to tease hyung for that, he's being too obvious," jeno defended himself, rolling his eyes.

"not that! t-the fact that you...called us short people as stupid..." chenle trailed off as his anger dissipated, tears replacing it. "d-do you...hate me or something...?"

"aww...that's not what i meant, unlike the other short ones who are just plain grumpy. i had...a friend...who was like that..." jeno trailed off on the last part as he choked on his own words.

"anyways, don't you need to change?" he asked the runaway bride, glancing at the state of his dress— dishevelled and dirty with all the filth soiling the soft white fabric.

"oh, uh, y-yeah..." chenle stuttered as he looked down at himself, his face burning as he did. jeno noticed his antics and merely chuckled at him, walking over to his room to find the younger some new clothes to wear. "just wait here, alright? i'll get you something to wear..."

chenle nodded in the affirmative as he saw a glimpse of him ransacking his room, muttering profanities here and there in the process. "i swear to doyoung-hyung, where the fuck is it?!" jeno snapped, much to his amusement.

chenle silently wheezed, and seeing the older get more and more restless as time passed by, he decided to help him out. he stumbled into the other bedroom and started to search for some clothes.

drawer after drawer, he searched the content inside, looking for any sign of fabric whatsoever. his eyes wandered until something caught his eye, to which he squealed at an inhumanely high pitch, scaring the shit out of the older.

"oh my lord, i didn't know you had clothes like this too!" he dolphin screamed, much to jeno's disapproval. he approached the runaway bride with uncannily annoyed expression taking over him. "those are my...friend's clothes, feel free to check them out if you want..."

chenle muttered a thanks as he pulled the lacy skirts out of the cupboard, unable to wait so as he could wear them. after a while, jeno emerged into the room with some clothes he found that would presumably fit the smaller's petite frame. "here's what i found. hope it fits you."

"thank you so much, nono!" chenle happily cried out, to which jeno stuttered at the nickname he used for him. "uh, y-yeah, anytime," jeno spoke out awkwardly.

"what happened, nono-ah...? don't like the nickname? i thought you had no problem with youngjo-hyung using that nickname..." chenle asked in a teasing manner, earning a blush from the older who was a stuttering mess.

"ah, i was just kidding!" chenle nudged jeno, clearly insinuating his last statement is a joke. "but...seriously though...is it alright if i call you like that...?" he pouted, which made jeno's heart melt profusely.

"aww, of course you can, lele..." jeno spoke out in a teasing tone, emphasizing the nickname he made up for the younger. much to his ears' dismay, chenle squealed in the same inhumanely high pitch once again like a 5-year-old. "you made me a nickname too?! that's...thank you, nono...i never really got a personal nickname like that..." chenle's voice lessened in amplitude and excitement as his head drooped down.