011 the cut in

011   the cut in

011 the cut in

Everything seemed to be easier when they were younger. There was a sort of lightness about life as if nothing truly held any weight. It was no longer like that. Now, every action felt heavy and every reaction felt big.

Caroline felt like she was still reacting from the night before. Rerunning the moment that took it too far and chanced things. There was this, shift. This shift that made Caroline wonder how she'd be able to survive the rest of the summer while he was there.

And while she was there, too. Because now Caroline for the first time in her life didn't know how to talk to Belly. Even looking at the girl caused something in her chest to tighten. It wasn't even Belly's fault, she didn't know any better and had no idea what had happened last night.

But Caroline knew. And she couldn't stand always being the second choice. Because it seemed no matter what she did, Belly would always be the one people chose. She didn't even have to try for people to gravitate towards her, it was just who she was. And Caroline loved her, but right now she couldn't stand to see her.

Like she was saying, everything seemed easier when they were younger. Caroline remembered a time where the only problem was that Belly didn't know how to dance.

It had been a day like any other, only everyone was younger and everyone was happy. The boys had been playing chess, well, Conrad and Steven played chess while Jeremiah watched.

Belly was stood between the TV and couch trying to dance as Mags and Caroline sat on said couch behind her, giving pointers they had no reason to give. "Point your feet! Spin in a circle!" Caroline gasped, earning a glare from Belly who was trying to take it seriously. "Straighten your legs and do a jump!" Mags added, the twins laughing as they laid on top of one another.

Belly groaned. "Stevie, I need a partner." Steven scoffed. "Yeah, right." Conrad smiled, looking at Belly. "Here, I'll show you." Steven frowned. "What about the game?" Conrad just smiled towards his friend. "Give me one second."

He took another one of Stevens pieces before moving towards Belly. "Copy me." The two started dancing as Conrad gave actual instructions, the two girls sitting on the couch frowning as their source of entertainment was gone. "Belly, you're not even on the beat." Steven laughed, Jeremiah laughing along.

"Oh, you're both horrible." Jeremiah laughed, standing up before pulling Caroline off the couch. "We'll show you both how it's done." Though, neither started actually doing the steps Belly was trying to learn as Jeremiah just began spinning Caroline.

The young girl laughed, the two dancing around the house as Belly and Conrad just continued their own dancing. Jeremiah instantly had forgotten about the idea of showing the other two how it was done as he swayed Caroline throughout the first floor, the two only stopping when they bumped into the back of the couch.