Place To Feel

Since your parents divorce, your house has been a war zone. Your parents can't afford separate places to live so you're all under one roof. 

You hate school, but you'll go anywhere that your parents aren't. You feel invisible in school but you'd rather be non-existent than the middle man.

These last few weeks have been worse. 

Your dad turned to his first love, alcohol, your mom doing the same.

When you're not taking care of them you're trying to focus on school, but you're up until one or two in the morning everyday. 

Because of this it's a struggle to even get to school on time. 

You stopped going to all extra activities, you're just too tired. 

Eddie, who was the dungeon master of your D&D group noticed your absence, all of the guys started to. 

"Just go find her, we cant beat this campaign without her." Jeff said at the lunch table. The guys murmur amongst themselves in agreement. 

"You guys are weak without your precious leader, aren't you?" Eddie says.

"Oh come on Eddie, you above all people must miss y/n." Gareth says with a smile, the guys talking all at once. 

"Silence! " Eddie says, the table falls quiet, Eddie stands. 

"I will go talk to her, you morons happy with that?" They didn't dare speak, just nodded. 

You stood at your locker, basically asleep while trying to gather your books. 

"Excuse me m'lady." He said, startling you awake. 

"Huh? Oh, hi Eddie." He's taken aback by your lack of energy and wit. 

"Uh, your presence is requested at this week's campaign." He said cautiously.

You give him a small smile, appreciating that they miss you. 

"I would love to Eddie, but I just, I can't." You say slamming your locker shut. 

You turn and he got a good look at you.

Your hair in a messy bun, the bags under your eyes. He winced at the sight of you, it wasn't you.

"What? What happened to you y/n?" He said, his demeanor changed from playful and curious, to concerned quickly. 

You just sat there, no words spoken. Eddie put a hand on your shoulder, "Y/n, are you okay?" 

That question was your breaking point. Tears started to swell in your eyes. 

As soon as he saw this his eyes widened. "Yeah, okay, you're not going to class." He said grabbing your hand.

"You're coming with me." He said as he started walking towards the school's front doors.

"Eddie.." You said as tears started to fall, protesting the idea of talking about how you actually felt. 

"Don't give me that shit, y/n." He said walking toward his van. 

"You can tell everyone else you're fine but I'm not taking it." 

He opened the back door to his van and you crawled inside onto the mattress, he followed, shutting the door. 

You sat with your back against the wall, knees to your chest. 

Once you were comfy, he sat across from you putting a hand on your leg. 

"If you don't want to talk about it, then don't. But I figured you needed a private place to.. uh, well, feel." He said, his brown eyes meeting yours. 

You put your hand over his, playing with his rings. 

"Thank..Thanks Eds." You say as tears stream down your cheeks, he shoots you a wink as a silent 'you're welcome' as he lets you sit there to feel until you were ready to talk about it.

You sat in silence for a few minutes, taking a deep breath, you wipe your tears and begin to piece together your recent life. 

"It's not a secret my parents got divorced, their breakup was really public." 

Eddie nodded, letting you continue.

"But what people don't know is neither of my parents can afford to move out, we didn't have money to start with, and now because their money is going to alcohol, i'm trapped." You sighed and closed your eyes, you couldn't bare to watch Eddie's heart break for you.

"So since my parents are always drunk, I'm up until one or two in the morning trying to take care of them both, and doing homework, and working so I can get the hell out of there." 

You try to stop the tears from falling, but you've never said the whole story out loud and you're finally feeling everything. 

You just drop your face to your knees and sob. 

Suddenly you feel movement. 

It was Eddie, he moved next to you and wrapped his arms around you. "I'm just.. I'm so tired.." You cried as you held onto him tightly.

"Y/n.. I'm so sorry, I had no idea." He coos as he held you, never once straying or planning to let you go.

You nod, "I know you didn't, no one does. But I guess everyone can tell if I look this bad." You stammer out while hugging him back. 

"What? Shut up y/n. You look.. beautiful." He spits out and you shoot your eyes to him. 

His face gets red but he continues. "You always do." 

You smiled at him weakly and rest your head on his shoulder. 

He strokes your hair as you rest there, after a while he notices you stopped crying, and talking.

 He looks down and notices you're asleep, he realizes this is the first time you've actually slept in days, maybe weeks. 

He smiled at you, kissing your forehead. "Sweet dreams, m'lady." He says as he holds you closer.

Finally you were safe, you were resting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This one made my heart so happy to write, and I hope you're all enjoying them as well!!🥺 thank you for reading! <33 -Cas