it's only a lifetime,

❝don't waste the time you have
waiting for time to pass it's only
a lifetime, that's not long enough
you're not gonna like it without
any love, so don't waste it.❞

MAY 25,
twenty-five days after the funeral.

LIGHT
hit her in the face as her eyes scrunched up, trying to adjust to the new light and figure out what was going on whilst still wrapped in her warm duvet. when she noticed the six faces surrounding her, she gasped before putting her hand over her heart as a smiling jude's eyes widened above her. gradually, nisha came to recognise her most faithful friends also leaning over her and her surprise was even greater.

having refused to see everyone, she had not seen her best friends for almost a month. despite all the calls and messages they had left, the number of times they had rung her doorbell to come and comfort her, nisha had turned them away, again and again, claiming she didn't want to see them, feeling better off alone. but the truth was quite different; nisha was simply ashamed of her condition, ashamed to be seen like this, and afraid of hurting them with her far too sharp words, those that were not like her.

although she was slowly coming out of this self-deprecating darkness, the idea of contacting them again seemed cheeky, even inappropriate; nisha feared rejection, she would not have borne it from her closest friends although she had acted the same way. she was so relieved and surprised when she saw them smiling happily around her, having come of their own free will just for her, just to see her. even if she had behaved like the worst friend during the last month, it already seemed like ancient history.

"good morning bitch, get up! we're going karting," jude exclaimed excitedly as he grabbed nisha's hands and stood up, pulling her along with him and forcing her to sit up in bed.

still a little sleepy, she just gave jude a confused look before letting her gaze trail over the faces of each of the girls who were now all sitting on her bed. nisha bit her lip, wondering what to say, how to apologize, but she didn't need to because rose nudged her by the shoulder with a laugh before joking, "missed us?"

the girl's long blonde hair flew as she pretended to brag and nisha felt herself melt tenderly under her words. lauren and lana, the two twins looked at her with that same smile while shana and mary gave each other a knowing look.

"yes, i did," the girl finally confessed with a sigh of relief, as if she'd been holding all these feelings in for too long.

"awe," lauren and lana exclaimed at the same time before gently leaning in for a loving hug. the other three girls found themselves caught in the embrace while nisha closed her eyes to enjoy the moment, happy to have them in her room with her.

"i'm so sorry girls," her words were muffled between everyone's hair, especially shana's who had the same afro as nisha, but no matter, she knew they would be heard in any case.

a soft kiss was placed delicately on her forehead and the girl recognized mary directly, only she could be so tender and forgiving. "it's okay love, we are here now," the one who had shown this sign of affection then sighed these words into her ear before straightening up and offering her a smile.

this pure and very important moment for nisha's mental and emotional state was then interrupted by a huge dark mass that fell on the heads of the six girls. of course, it was jude, who, without warning and fed up with being excluded from their moment of reconciliation, had seen fit to jump on them.