Episode 1 (Part 1)

"We only see each other at Weddings and Funerals"

Today

The scene opens to a girl playing a violin in the background and rapidly increases in volume as it presents the Umbrella Academy and where they are.

Luther Hargreeves (Number 1) is on the moon.

Diego Hargreeves (Number 2) is fighting thugs, saving a family.

Allison Hargreeves (Number 3) is on a red carpet and is now a celebrity.

Klaus Hargreeves (Number 4) is in an asylum, possibly due to his addiction.

Everleigh Hargreeves (Number 7) is in a lab with wires attached to her head and blood pouring out her skin.

All their attention draws to radios, tvs, messages and gossips. They all are shocked by the news.

The solo of the violin comes to a close. The player was Vanya Hargreeves (Number 8).

As she walks, her eyes are drawn to a local tv. She couldn't hear it but she knew what the topic was.

"Dad.." She muttered.

Their father had died.

~~~

Vanya enters which was an academy, but now empty within her sight. She walks and sees her mother, still but is called.

"Vanya. You're actually here.."

She turned and saw her sister, Allison.

"Hey Allison." Vanya replied.

"Hey, sis."

They wait a few seconds before they hug. Another figure approach them.

"Hate to ruin the moment dear sisters?" She smiles. She looked as if she was still in her teens.

She is.

"Long time no seen Ev." Allison said and hugged her.

"You weren't kidding when you wrote you grew but then aged backwards." Vanya informed.

Everleigh tilts her head in a mix of revolt and happiness.

"Not my words, and it'll fade in time. I guess I can change my apperence to teen or adult. As you know, it's a long story. You know who started it, his name rhymes with "Mad".

Vanya laughs and hugs her.

"Ah. What is she doing here?" A man walked and said to Vanya with no eye contact. "You don't belong here. Not after what you did."

"You're seriously gonna do this... today?" Allison responded to break the tension.

"Way to dress for the occasion, by the way." Everleigh added.

"At least I'm wearing black." Diego delivered.

Vanya looked ashamed. "You know what? I- Maybe he's right. And I shouldn't-"

[Allison]: "Forget about him. I'm glad you're here."

[Everleigh]: "That makes two of us, I guess. Despite what you did, you're still family."