Chapter 1/Intro

A/N: What's up everyone! Hope you all are doing well wherever and whenever you're reading this! This one's an Acceleracers story. While a fan project is still at work to conclude it, it's been almost a year since any updates were made to the story. If you're wondering where it is, check out Tom Wheeler's Youtube channel and each part that has been finished should be there to read. I can't recommend it enough! It's great!

That said, while I wait, there hasn't been much else for Acceleracers. So instead of waiting for content, I'll make the content myself! This story is after the events of Acceleracers: The Ultimate Race. This is a franchise that I've wanted to see finished for years, so this one means a lot to me. I hope you enjoy! Live to drive! Drive to survive!

Disclaimer: I don't own Hot Wheels Acceleracers/World Race! All characters(Except OCs) belong to Mattel, Mark Edens, Ian Richter, and all of the other awesome writers and producers of this great movie series!

"Wisdom is a circle. What you receive you must give back."-Vert Wheeler, Hot Wheels Acceleracers: The Ultimate Race

Cars were seen zooming down a beach. But these weren't your ordinary Hondas, Toyotas, or Chevrolets. These were specially modified cars, built to race and to look, and well, be awesome.

As the cars continue to speed down the beach, an elevated track was made clear. The cars went up the track. The elevated track allowed the cars to take a path over the ocean.

"Woah. Check it out!" A young man with spiky blonde hair said in his vehicle, looking at the ocean as the waves were rising. That 18-year old man was the leader of the Wave Rippers in World Race and the champion in that racing event as well, and was none other than Vert Wheeler, who was driving his signature Reverb.

"Hey, uh... you don't think those waves are gonna get bigger do you?" A voice said on the comms, afraid. It was none other than the mechanic of the Metal Maniacs, Mitchell "Monkey" McClurg, driving his SUV Rollin' Thunder.

"You've been in realms with lightning and lava and have been near both. What do you think?" Someone else said. Taro Kitano, a member of the Metal Maniacs along with Monkey and the former leader of his World Race team Scorchers.

"That doesn't make this any less terrifying!" Monkey said as water rose on the right of him. "Ah!" He said, jumping, almost losing control of the wheel.

"Monkey! You need to keep control or you'll end up going off the track!" The guide and mechanic of the racers, Lani Tam said to him on the comm back at their headquarters, the Acceledrome.

"Control?" Monkey clears his throat. "Hey, don't you worry about me! I've got everything under control!" Monkey said, trying to sound confident on the comm before she could hear tire screeching on his coms and his onboard camera shaking a little from him frantically turning the steering wheel as he lost control for a second.

"See? Everything under control!" Monkey said again.

Lani rolls her eyes.

They continued to race across the track, traversing the corners and wrap arounds of the track. Everything was pretty normal, until the waves did exactly as Monkey feared. They grew!

"Guys!" Monkey said.

"The waves!" Nolo Pasaro, leader of the Teku said, driving SpecTyte. They continued driving, but something was off.

"Any idea why these waves ain't crashing yet?" Mark "Wylde" Wylde asked.

"Ask the Accelerons." Taro said.

"Please don't jinx it." Monkey said.

"That's odd. I'm not exactly sure. Maybe this is part of some sort of puzzle?" Lani guessed.